Corner Shelf for Junk v1

Sitting in bed listening to music from my phone yesterday, wondering why I don’t utilize my little google speaker more. Realized it was across the room and that I would like it closer to the bed, but didn’t want it taking space on my nightstand, when I realized, hey, this corner would be a great place to shelf it! When designing it I realized this would be fairly easy enough to add a tiered designed, but for now, I’m just going to be using it for the single speaker. I’ve got another speaker in the office room that sits on the desk, so when I go to upgrade this shelf, I’ll put this one in there and do the tiered one for the bedroom.

Dimensions could use a small adjustment, but as I like to say, it’s good enough for who it’s for :+1:t4:

53 Likes

Lovely! Especially the scrollwork supports!

I need to build one for the opposite - I’ve got an reflex angled corner that’ll be just perfect for a speaker…

2 Likes

I had a few different ideas on what I could do there. I thought maybe some floral supports, or something more tropical, but I figured the first iteration could be simple so it could be a one day build vs a week or more :sweat_smile: I’d of procrastinated it until I felt it was “perfect” otherwise!

4 Likes

Nice job! Always nice to solve a problem.

3 Likes

Very nice! Simple but pretty, and quite functional…now I’m looking at corners here and there in my house!

1 Like

Haha I’m with you there. V2 of this will probably go in multiple rooms!

1 Like

This is very nice, but I’d hardly call the Google Home Mini “junk”. In fact, you should probably buy a few more. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh I’ve got a few of them and use them all of the time. Guess when I wrote junk, I just meant how I’ve got too much stuff so now I’ve gotta come up with interesting ways to make use of it in ways that my wife won’t make me get rid of it 🤦🏽

2 Likes

NIce! I seemed to have forgotten about corner shelves. This is good! Nice work!

2 Likes

What a cute little shelfette!

3 Likes

Cute little shelf indeed - like how you engraved the bottom!

3 Likes

Great idea. You could also place one of those wireless Ring cameras.

nice design!

1 Like