Crafty Cretin - Things I made

That makes me happy! Glad I could inspire!

1 Like

Ok, photos! Typography plaques. Only did three version, BeYOUtiful, Love, and ThiNk. I saw a wall hanger on some random laser cut search of the ThiNk, and just loved the way the N is revered out. Messed with my head a bit on creating that file.

The backs are outdated floor or wall samples from an interior design firm! Look up “zero landfill” and see if there is one near you. TONS of laserable and crafty supplies from architectural firms and designers! FREE! There is so much “we” can do with the tiles, and floor samples, and wallpaper sample books, and… and… and… #sorrynotsorry for enabling your craft/laser supply hoarding tendencies. Not even a little bit.

11 Likes

Bud vases… So this generic thing popped up on a random pinterest search… I felt it was lame, but it still inspired me… because I wanted to do something more relatable for a “Festival of Flowers.”

So that lead to this…

Which then lead to this…

And this…

And this…

And this…

Then the wife pipes up and says, “what if…” which lead to this…

OH! The various glass in all of these ‘vases’… from the DOLLAR TREE!

21 Likes

All in… a fun few weeks of creating. A bit stressful the last two days because I needed help getting everything weeded (key tags) and assembled (key tags), and then storage/transport. Neighborhood association that was putting on the festival was stoked to welcome a new “artisan” and loved the stuff. Lots of compliments, my favorite being, “I’ve never seen anything like that before!” And my son decided to stay and help me! I was so proud of him all day.

It was only 3 blocks away, so this is how I traveled. :smiley:
IMG_8684

The set-up…
IMG_8685

“The gift of wine… How classy people get wasted!”

Crapton of keytags. (While I did not have any “extras” of the vases or plaques not on display, this is about HALF of the key tags I made.) They did sell well, because they were cheap. ($3 or two for $5.)

Hope I have inspired some of you! As you all have inspired me so often!

19 Likes

ROFL! Nama-stay in bed. :rofl::sunglasses::+1:

3 Likes

Great work here! Looks like it was wonderful event.

1 Like

Holy moly! You are one amazingly creative person. This thread is just so filled with goodies and inspiration.

1 Like

Okay, first, because I want to make it absolutely clear how awesome the bud vases are, awesome!

Second, you post this so I see it the day after MOTHERS DAY!?!?!!! Did mom get four votive candle holders, all northwoods themed for the cabin or wherever? Yes. Did she get an awesome vase I’ve never seen before? No. Thanks a freakin lot.

And finally,

is the best compliment you can get at a show. It’s so nice to see something different at a booth.

4 Likes

First, thank you!!

Second, clearly, I WAS BUSY! LOL (And I still have most of them! You could always tell Mom it was my fault, that I lost your order, or somechit…) I’ll happily go under the bus for $15+shipping. :smiley:

OR, you could totally, probably, you know, maybe, make one yourself? Using the same machine I did? Ha!

2 Likes

Just got back with the dessert glasses/water holders from the dollar store. Mom is basically gone until the fall, so not sure what I’ll do with them, but at least one will be made.

2 Likes

Tell her to use her own glass… they flat pack well. Easy shipping! :wink: (Darn, thought I had made another sale! REALLY surprised I only sold 4!)

So am I. Did you have flowers in them? I would be surprised not at all if that is the difference between neat and sold.

No mail where they go off to during the summer.

While I certainly appreciate a minimalist design ethic, I was thinking of a three-layer base with the top two having a circle cutout for the bottom of the water holder.

I thought about that, but decided, “Why? So the glass doesn’t move? It’s a vase, it’s not meant to be handled.” So I saved my materials. The swirly ones make a lot of almost useless waste. :frowning:

I had just little generic silk flowers in them as a ‘proof of concept,’ but yes, they look better with REAL flowers. (Photo coming later.)

They look sooo much better with real flowers.

9 Likes

Agreed. Much better with flowers.

12 Likes

Wow! LOVE it! Nice job!

Thank you.

Can use laser. Check.
Can take decent photograph. Needs Improvement.

1 Like

Seriously. The stain adds that extra oomph! (And bumps the retail!) Just like the teeny bit o’ leather does for a keytag.

Alrighty then! Ready for some more creations? Trigger warning! There are some copyrighted icons/images coming… none of this was for sale. Just chit I made for gifts or shiggles.

Anniversary gift for the “F.Uncles.” (Fabulous Uncles) After their wedding, they went on a tandem bike ride, instead of a typical carriage ride or limo ride.

These were done at the makerspace on their Universal laser. Just so I could do them big. (2’) They were hung on the porch for May 4th, of course.

Old school skate logo for shiggles. Because Old’s Cool. (<—see what I did there?)
Bonus points if you can name that skater!

Special request plaque for a bendy person. (“Yogi”)

Experimenting with the 2-color acrylic. Came out nice, but had to do the etch, clean, etch again to get it white. The blue did much better, but not near as much ‘white space’ either. Friend is going to put magnets on them and give them to co-workers.

14 Likes

But wait! There’s more!

Semi-transparent blue acrylic window hanger.

Tesla keytag for a young friend who just graduated with an aeronautical engineering degree… gots the big money job at Boeing… and plans to buy a Tesla… He’s too young and didn’t get the joke. Hope you do.

I made him legit Tesla Motors tags for him too. And a couple of wall hangers.

And this is by far my favorite creation with Jarvis ever. (So far.) I’m super stoked with my font choices and layout, and with a light gloss spray to finish, it looks so good. Going to have to make one for my family as well. #TTMF (toot toot MF - as in tooting my own horn and #sorrynotsorry about it)

Until next time! Keep on burnin’!

19 Likes