Crossbody Bags

Hi all,
I’ve been hit up to start making a smaller “day out” kinda bag and this is the result. They measure roughly 7” wide and 7.5” tall. The flap and back is laser cut and the artwork is done with embossing plates I’ve made out of Delrin. Hand stitched the front to the gusset while my leather machine handled the rest. Thanks for looking!

76 Likes

Gorgeous, you’re giving Oberon a run for the money.

8 Likes

Absolutely exquisite!!! Beyond beautiful!!

7 Likes

Wow, those are amazing!

11 Likes

Exquisite! I love those smaller sizes and the embossed Celtic knot/horses are most wonderful.

9 Likes

That is fine looking work there!

9 Likes

The leather work is fantastic (as your work always is) and I really like those clasps as well.

11 Likes

These are lovely! Thanks for sharing them.

9 Likes

Just wanted to say awesome job @Andy_Mock! It looks like you have some true talent! I’ve never worked with leather but looking at your stuff makes me consider it. You may consider putting some designs on #free-laser-designs :bulb:

5 Likes

Just a reminder that asking for files is against forum rules. When people share in the Made on a Glowforge section they are sharing experiences and adding to the knowledge base. Should they intend to share files, they know which section is the one for doing that.

14 Likes

Hi there,

My apologies to @Andy_Mock, as well as everyone else on the forum, if that is the way it came across or was presented. However, I would never ask someone for their files as I know how much time each file can take to create. I was just mentioning it as I am new to contributing to anything on these forums. Again, I apologize if that is the way it sounded.

11 Likes

Just beautiful!! Fantastic work and lovely photos!

9 Likes

These are just amazing. Thanks for sharing!!

9 Likes

Those are as fine a leather work as I have ever seen. :star_struck:

8 Likes

Wow that is really great stuff there. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Awesome work - so inspiring!

8 Likes

Impressive design and craftmanship @Andy_Mock ! Congratulations!

7 Likes

wow, stunning work.

6 Likes

These look fantastic, amazing work! Love the embossing on the front flaps. I’ve considered doing something similar but I don’t know enough about Delrin and haven’t given it a shot yet.

7 Likes

Have you thought about making a sporran? I would buy one. I have a couple with patterns but nothing as nice as yours would probably be.

3 Likes