Dashboard

Why does the Dashboard seem to keep some of my projects and others? The file names show on the dashboard, but when clicked on to load, the artwork is missing and I have to back into my laptop to choose the same file all over again.

1 Like

Are you a premium subscriber? If not, designs not opened in 30 days are removed from the cloud.

1 Like

Not a premium subscriber…

1 Like

This thread contains Support’s official reply to a similar question. All of my files are now missing from the Dashboard

Have your files been unopened for more than 30 days?

2 Likes

No. They’re like a week old. I imported the file, did the engrave/cut, then a few days later I open the file again and thefile shows on the list, but the graphic has disappeared. Then I have to locate the file and upload again.

1 Like

So that is a different problem. The file is saved as it last exists, so if you delete everything, the file name remains but the information is gone. It is unikely that that happened to all of your files. Support needs to take a look and can undoubtedly restore the missing artwork. While waiting for them, you may consider trying a different browser.

1 Like

So modifications or deletions I make to the artwork carries over to the dashboard file I uploaded? If true…my bad lesson learned.

4 Likes

Yes. It is a lesson most of us learned. Now, however, we can export files (a relatively new feature) so I use that option, then delete things I want changed and carry on.

1 Like

Yes. No different to any other document, like a spreadsheet. Any changes you make are saved. So if you delete the contents, you end up with a blank document.

2 Likes

if you move or delete stuff while printing, just try to remember to undo it all before you click back to the dashboard!

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer @dklgood, that’s right.

When you edit a design on your Workspace, the changes are automatically saved as you make them. That means that if you close your browser, navigate to another page, or just hit refresh, your work will pick up right where you left off.

Should you make a change by mistake, you can use undo any time until you leave or refresh the page. If you want a clean start, you can always go to your dashboard and click the upload button to upload the file again.

I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!