Discussion of April 2020 update

I do love all the updates. I don’t like that I have to click twice to upload a design, click Create > then click Upload.

Even more of a pressing issue:
I am also not a fan of the last item being used is now re-ordered on my page. I upload similar designs and those are visually grouped together (my way of getting around no folders), and the re-order is a hinderance on searching for the items. Especially since I still can not search on the page to find the title of the object.

Please @Staff and @Dan help a girl out

1 Like

If you’re on a desktop computer just drag your art to the Glowforge dashboard and a new design will be created.

i am with you on the reordering of the library issue. It wrecks havoc. it is a poor implementation of the feature best described as “i would like it to be easy to open my most recent project”. Many people would like that, including me. However, the way it got delivered leaves a lot to be desired especially since there are no other sorting options or folders implemented. I suggest that a better implementation would be to offer “latest” as an option under the green “create” button.

1 Like

i’d rather just have folders. or at least some metadata keywords that we can apply so it’s easy to search on.

1 Like

My upload trees are fine, heavens knows about my finder/explorer windows.

I’m confused on this one.

The 4/27 update stopped that from happening. My library has not “re-ordered” since then, despite working with “older” designs - they stay where they were.

I have been using this software often for small designs and it works well. I would buy a subscription if a weld or union function is available. That would be a make or break for me. It is frustrating to get through a design and then realize that you cut half of it off and there is no way to fix it but to recreate your design with another software platform. I really hope this function becomes available in the future. Thanks and keep up the great work!

i have not opened any old designs for a few weeks as the gallery that consumes such items has been closed. If it stopped reordering things I will be happy but sad if it lacks a way to make the “open my latest project” people happy.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.