Discussion of August 2018 Update

It was not an insult.

Sure looks like one from here. As does ā€œAre you a shill?ā€

8 Likes

Perhaps not your intent, but if I perceive it that way (and Iā€™m not easily offended), I betcha others do. Just something to consider.

6 Likes

Maybe. His presumption to understand my thought processes certainly was.

All he said was that he strongly suspected your thought processes were different from those of the Glowforge staff. Which pretty goes without saying, since really NO two peopleā€™s thought processes are exactly the same.

4 Likes

Indeed, so why say it?
Nevertheless, we still donā€™t have optical alignment of long cut jobs though the pass through slot. Too many words have been bandied about this simple fact.

Let me just say this. Is complaining about it publicly and then getting mad at people trying to help you with workarounds going to help? No, it really isnā€™t. However, yes, we all know VERY well that GF over promised and underdelivered. Yes, we have all felt this way at times. Have they (GF) been helpful in terms of letting us know time lines of anything? No. At this point it ā€œgoes without sayingā€ that everyone is disappointed, so ā€œwhy say itā€ again?

Please, if working out the programming of the pass through alignment is so simple, do it yourself and sell the software to glowforge.

Sorry, Iā€™m just used to everyone here having been disappointed at one point or another over the years. Iā€™m actually really surprised to meet someone who is 100% happy with GF at this point, and that really makes me sad :cry:

If you actually ignored me over this one interaction Iā€™ve had with youā€¦ then okay? Seems a little over the top. I was generalizing so the guy I replied to wouldnā€™t feel like I was assuming what was going on in his thought process. Sorry it was a gross over-generalization?

In answer to this for anyone who cares, itā€™s because I really wanted everyone to be happy with GF, and that hasnā€™t happened (as per the above conversations about missing Pass through alignment)

I never said that it was simple. Just that it just takes programming, e.g. it is not rocket science. A program will not blow up in your face.

I purchased the Pro model with the expectation that there would be optical
alignment. I appreciate the fact that several owners have shared their method of using fiduciary marks to align segmented cut jobs. I have many other project to work on unrelated to laser cutting, and I have no interest in putzing around with manually segmenting cut jobs.

1 Like

You can begin with me. I am extremely happy with my basic.

11 Likes

That makes me happy. Thanks Xabbess!

For what itā€™s worth, Iā€™m (contrary to what it might seem) also really happy with mine. That doesnā€™t mean I havenā€™t been disappointed by GF in the past.

But whatever, it doesnā€™t really matter. What Iā€™m here to say is, to all, Iā€™m sorry for carrying on the conversation above this. I will work to speak only for myself as the wonderful gentleman suggested. And specifically to @jgf Iā€™m sorry if any of what I said offended you.

5 Likes

Apology accepted and I seemed to have overreacted as well.
It must have been the August heatā€¦

4 Likes

We donā€™t have logistics in place yet to support overseas Proofgrade deliveries.

1 Like