Discussion of December update

This is awesome! And I hope @laird ends up being right about his hope that the passthrough software will accompany the Pro sheets. That would be amazing!

@dan, why the international shipping date proposed for a month? I found my Estimated Shipping Notification Date sudden proposed a month from Early March to April. Disappointing.

1 Like

@dan Mine as well. From the beginning of February to beginning of March. I hoped to hear something more about the progress of the international deliveries in the December update than this.

1 Like

Same here! Would appreciate an Update about this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We update every customerā€™s shipping date at least once a week (often more) based on our latest forecasts - that means they move based on many factors. For international customers, we also have to take into account shipping, logistics, and compliance, all of which are different for each country. We donā€™t share details on our shipping, logistics, and compliance activities, but you can always see the latest date in your shipping forecast on glowforge.com/account.

3 Likes

Big discussion on that topic hereā€¦Pushed Back a Month From March to April

1 Like

So the camera update is live meaning that my ā€œKentucky windageā€ formula is going to be rendered useless? As much as I disliked it in the beginning, itā€™s going to be odd having my prints be exactly where I placed them :sweat_smile:

Guess Iā€™ll have to continually run tests until I see that itā€™s been updated, as I would hate to have adjusted only for it to have been updated on my machine and have that print be ruined.

A question I do, and have had: For the updates, can anyone expand on what orientation our machines need to be in? Iā€™d assume they would have to be on and in an idle state, but how long do these updates take, and how long must the machine be idle before it gives it the go ahead to install. Iā€™m just worried that I may turn the machine off in the middle of an upgrade or attempt a cut and then brick the machine or cause it to have issues, ya know?

6 Likes

My ā€œshippingā€ date has been postponed by a month as well and all we can read about is the same, useless, answerā€¦ This is so annoying!

1 Like

Promises better image placement. Never perfect. Likely also depends on other factors including the flatness of the unit table surface or how repeatedly the lid closes tight.

Sounds like the changes were made in the cloud processing end, if so, no action on our end is needed. But if it also involves an update to your GF, it should do so during the next power-cycling, before calibration. This of course means that calibration will be delayed, so patience is a good thing here. If you bail during the update, it will try again the next power up requiring the same wait.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what I thought too when I saw the photo.

1 Like

Oversized Proofgrade for Pro units is a great idea. But I wonder about the shipping costs for that.

Any words or thoughts on the catalog? How often will it be updated? Are there new projects in the works?

2 Likes

My shipping date has rolled over another month tooā€¦ February was looming so much I could almost smell the proofgrade burningā€¦ now Marchā€¦ UGH!

I guess I just got a little excited with this, but only because it was right after his explanation here:

Also followed by this, which leads me to believe there are owners who do have perfect alignment (which makes me green with jealous rage)

I read it as they were sending out the personalized updates that each of our machines had been evaluated for, meaning it was going to be spot on. Youā€™ve always been very open minded when these updates are published, so I appreciate you helping to ground me :rofl: Oh well if it isnā€™t perfect, yet. I knew what I signed up for when requesting my machine before it was fully ready!

@dwardio Thatā€™s what I thought. Iā€™m not familiar with cloud processing and software, but as I said earlier in my post, I thought maybe if they were rolling out our camera alignment updates, that would be machine specific rather than a generalized improvement on camera tech. Still a little curious for some clarification on this update, but meh, Iā€™m sure when my specific update rolls out, my bed image wonā€™t look like itā€™s leaning against a wall after a night of drinking :wink:

3 Likes

I, personally, would have liked to hear about the filter and updates to that. Otherwize thank you for the awesome update post. :smiley:

edit: I saw the comment about air filters after I wrote this.

Oversized Proofgrade for Pro units is a great idea. But I wonder about the shipping costs for that.

Letā€™s hope the ā€œfree shipping on orders over $100ā€ applies. Larger sheets cost a lot less per square foot, and Iā€™d be happy to order large batches. Itā€™s not like the material sits unused.

1 Like

I hope the $100 free shipping applies, too. I just checked and the UPS Ground shipping cost (from Tennessee to California) for a single 48 x 20 sheet of PG is almost $30

I did a scan but didnā€™t see any mention of when Pro Shields will go out to existing Pros? I would like to not wear the glasses during 55 minute engraves.

1 Like

No, they havenā€™t said yet. :slightly_smiling_face: