Discussion of December update

@dan. Monthyly updates need to start including updates on software interface as well.

When can we expect the following?

1. Delivery of an updated user manual
  2. Delivery of interface guides for the app UI
  3. Delivery of list of known issues and delivery dates for the UI
  4. Delivery of demonstrated features from kickstarter video (Like a print of the streets of Seattle)
  5. Delivery of instructions on how to use the pass through feature for the Pro

It deeply disappoints me to learn that after 2 years there has been zero product updates on the .app UI, resulting in the sheer quantity of questions, guesses and misinformation that is being created on the facebook and GF forums about why and how certain behaviors exist in use of the UI.

I wish you had been more transparent about where you were at with the interface. It would have significantly influenced my decision to move forward with the product.

We post them here (and in the UI itself).

We donā€™t announce future software delivery dates; we just let folks know when the workā€™s done.

1 Like

Did you read what you wrote? You are asking for more transparency and saying that if there were more transparency you might not be here? Not exactly an incentive for the company.

1 Like

Got the golden email 10 days ago, thought I had 3 to six weeks to sign up for UPS My Choice and make a bench for the machine. Then last evening this huge box came to my door yesterday. My wife thought I bought a garage fridge. :sunglasses:

Shipping can be super fast, even in December. Be ready.

3 Likes

Where are you located?

Basic or Pro?

Basic, and I live in California.

Forgive my ignorance in this, but how can you be concerned about ā€œoverproducingā€ when you still have so many people waiting for units? Iā€™m honestly not trying to be a jerk (this time :wink: ), Iā€™m just wondering. Is the hold up entirely on the shipping side at this point?

What was your order date? 22nd?

My order was placed on 10/21.

Then at best you had a week. Worst, as you found out, 1 evening cause it was already on its way.

Itā€™s such a same the worst case happened to you and you got it so quickly. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I was probably unclear - I meant that without supply constrictions we could be even farther ahead, which would be great, because so many people are waiting.

2 Likes

I gather that is why my date has been pushed back 2 weeks?

Btw If we spend $1,000 on an air filter, and thus do not need the one next summer sometime, how much rebate can we get on the one not ready. It was included with the pro. And of course, something would be needed, I am trying to manage something disposable or perhaps used elsewhere, but if the price is over $1,000 much less $3,000 it had better do the complete job, and the one next summer would be less needed than the value of it

Ok, so I had to wait 2 years for it but when it was delivered, it was at supersonic speed!

LOCATION DATE LOCAL TIME ACTIVITY
SAN JOSE, CA, US 12/15/2017 6:38 P.M. Delivered
12/15/2017 9:33 A.M. Out For Delivery Today
12/15/2017 3:59 A.M. Destination Scan
12/15/2017 3:34 A.M. Arrival Scan
Sunnyvale, CA, US 12/15/2017 3:14 A.M. Departure Scan
Sunnyvale, CA, US 12/14/2017 6:41 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 12/15/2017 11:48 A.M. (ET)Order Processed: Ready for UPS

I received my shipping notice at 3:30 pm 12/15 from UPS.
I received the unit at 6:38 pm 12/15.
Holy Smokes Indy!

Canā€™t wait to set this bad boy up and start printing.

Thanks Dan and Glowforge team!

PK

12 Likes

Congrats! :grinning:

You may have a point rpegg.

Thus far @dan Dan has treated us as partners with KickStarter, as so many other companies have within the context of KickStarter. He has done a great job on the material side of things. Meaning the GF its self. The software and all of the supporting materials, come to find out, has been a bit of a black hole. The manual I have says draft and if I recall appears to be from over a year ago.

Combing the forums for tidbits of information about the interface, current limits of the the cloud based software in my opinion is unfair to us as a group of supporters. If, as it is stated, the software is hosted by Google, there should be no limits to processing time yet people through out the forums are guessing to why the time on processing varies. We just donā€™t know, and if it has been stated, then there does not appear to be any updates reflecting their advances to fix it.

In the end what I am asking for is knowing what is currently being worked on to fix the issues, and updates as to when we can expect a robust interface; I expected after two years of waiting. Had I known that the software was in the current state it was in it would have influenced my decision.

@dan has been clear from the start that if we didnā€™t want to wait for the GF then he understood and would refund our money. To me part of waiting is for the full functionality of the product. I feel that I am still waiting. Would you feel the same if the GF had shipped but you had to wait for the final head to be shipped later?

1 Like

what was your order date?

Order date - Glowforge Pro - 2015-10-23

Awesome. Same day as me. I will be crossing my fingers.

Nice.
Hopefully you get it soon.

PK

1 Like