Discussion of June '17 update

Much more likely and more scary is that Puglsey from North Korea launches a nuke at CA.

Thank you for the clarification. I do appreciate the efforts of all the PRU, and I did realize that a lot of tests were done costs out of your own pocket. I generally believe that Glowforge did a great job picking PRU, at least among forum users.

Iā€™m with you. Jules is an absolute angel here, and does SO much more than could reasonably be asked of her.

4 Likes

Not just you, dear, but you have absolutely been an angel here, going above and beyond anything asked of you. I, for one, fully appreciate it. I am sure your contribution has helped make the unit better. I know your contribution has helped make the forums better.

6 Likes

You will probably have better luck with that request if you send an email to support@glowforge.com and ask the question of the people who have to figure out how to arrange it.

(@dan is the CEOā€¦he does not have all the details of every department at every moment of the day.)

Anything that requires special arrangements gets a lower priority than getting the bulk of the machines shipping though, so donā€™t be surprised if you donā€™t hear back immediately. Or if the answer is no. ā€œIn the hopperā€ means they are considering it and will accommodate it if they can, but unfortunately not that it is a promise.

They respond very well to polite questions though. Nothing to lose by trying, and at least youā€™ll feel like youā€™ve got a bit more control over the situation. Waiting without being able to do anything is pretty tough on the nerves.

5 Likes

You and @rpegg are heating me up to a full body blush againā€¦ and I look terrible in pink. :smile::blush:

5 Likes

I did email themā€¦ I had stayed away from the forums for the most part really until this past week because I didnā€™t want to seem a pain. I asked them when they delayed it to July if I could please either get my referral bonus paid out, or have it turned into an upgrade to the pro for waiting. I was told ā€œitā€™s in the hopperā€ and that if I didnā€™t like it I could certainly get a refund.

Iā€™m honestly just frustrated. As a maker and a small business owner and a mom, I want my moneymaking toy.

Like I saidā€¦ Iā€™m NOT encouraging anyone to cancel and Iā€™m not cancelling myself.

I just want more warm fuzziesā€¦ and my unit.

When I as a small business owner screw up an order from a customer so badly the extras are insane. I guess Iā€™m looking from my tiny scale perspectiveā€¦ we donā€™t make money on orders that are several weeks lateā€¦ much less several years. I guess thatā€™s why Iā€™m still small and not a multimillionaire though, isnā€™t it :wink:

In any case. Go, glowforge go. Send me my unit.

3 Likes

Iā€™m about 30 minutes outside of Raleigh, NC ~ the town is Clayton, NC. If anyone local is open to trading GlowTime for some apple bread, Iā€™d love to hear from you.

4 Likes

you know, my mom set me straight one time, I was telling someone I was sweat and nice just ask my mom, I got from my mom was ā€œI have low standardsā€

7 Likes

Thatā€™s completely understandable. (Iā€™ll cross my fingers that you get it quickly.) :wink:

3 Likes

I grew up in Durham and went to college at UNCā€¦ I sincerely am interested in possibly taking you up on that so I can feel like iā€™m actually making progress, and get the team excited again instead of ticked at me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ROFL! :smile:
(Sounds like your mom and my mom went to school together.)

2 Likes

What would be the chances of getting information on which countries have cleared this hurdle and which still remain in limbo?

2 Likes

Funny enough, I live in Wake Forest (Hello, Glowneighbor!) and my Basic is due to arrive on Monday. If you start to get closer to your VBS and your Glowforge hasnā€™t arrived please do reach out to me and Iā€™ll help if I can, schedule and other commitments permitting.

12 Likes

Lots of people look terrible IN pink that look just fine pink. Me? Iā€™m just ugly all around.

2 Likes

i suspect we will find out when someone in that country gets The E-mail

Yay, another North Carolinian!! Iā€™m in Cary & would love to meet up with fellow Glowforgers too.

1 Like

Woo hoo! Congrats on your upcoming GF! Maybe once you get it settled in you could have a GF demo? (ā€¦crosses fingers in hopeful anticipation. . . )

Consider this a ā€œwarm fuzzy.ā€

6 Likes

Now just the glowforge :wink:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s amazing! I appreciate it :slight_smile: