Discussion of March 2018 Update

EU, plus some changes to contemplate a person buying immediately and not purchasing first and receiving delivery much later.

Not as clean as github, but here’s the previous ToS.

ToS.zip (16.9 KB)

3 Likes

Why, is there a law against that? :grin:

6 Likes

No comment.

4 Likes

Thanks for the update, I can’t wait for the Air Filters to be done so I can get my glowforge! The person who purchased my GF as a gift opted to wait… and the wait is KILLING ME!

1 Like

LOVE that international customers will soon be among us who are already having such a great time. The forum will likely bloom again for the arrival of springtime creativity!

3 Likes

Awesome things in languages you never saw before.

No problem to those of us use to wandering the Orient web sites.

3 Likes

Great… Now I have to figure out this whole “metric system” thing they’ve been talking about.

5 Likes

Nah. Now they have to learn this SAE/Imperial system so they can use the GFUI :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m more wary of the forum and Support. Before the International deliveries at least you could predict the wave of new posts. Mon-Thurs is a fire hose of non-stop comments between 09:00am EST and 10pm, Mon thru Thurs. With the International deliveries there will be no downtime.

I’m hoping the language barrier won’t be too much of a problem. Early on, had seen a lot of post where you wanted to help but because of syntax differences in the languages there needed to be a lot of back in forth to understand the issue. Kind of like someone from New Jersey and Texas trying to talk to each other. :wink:

7 Likes

Bless their hearts.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just imagine the problems for a Brit in Mississippi.

They all want to hear me talk, but who’s actually listening/understanding ?
Still having major problem getting water in a Mia Torro !!
“Waater”. . “watter”. . . “wadder”. . . . . . "Aqua ". . .?

“Beer” ?
:upside_down_face:

9 Likes

My point exactly. Slight breakdown in communication. Spent 5 minutes trying to figure out what Mia Toro was. A town in Mississippi? The Italian Luggage brand? Then I found the “Mi Toro” restaurant chain. Have never seen one since they don’t have them here, but now it all makes perfect sense.

Sorry about the extra ‘a’.
:smiley:
:upside_down_face:

Yay, metric! I work in the medical field AND have a 3D printer, so despite being in the US I pretty much think in metric. The first time I had to enter a thickness in inches, my brain kind of stumbled a little before it caught up!

5 Likes

@dan / @michelle your marketing feedback thread was closed already? It was posted for 5 days - if you have a huge pile of folks checking in here once a week (like me) you miss them. In the future, you might want to go by at least a standard week…

Yes - we needed about 25 responses, but left it open for a full 24 hours to be sure international folks had a chance to see it. We had 80 responses by the time it closed!

1 Like

Could we get the metric keychain reversed? That way you could print metric on one side and imperial on the other.

Also, in the status page, are text notifications “to be continued” for now?

2 Likes

I don’t follow - can you clarify?

When choosing to subscribe to updates, you have an SMS looking icon and an RSS icon. The SMS icon takes you to the support site.

1 Like

You forgot the eastern Pennsylvanian “Worter.”

5 Likes