Discussion of March 2018 Update

The first time I visited England I had a strong norther eastern US (coastal Maine) accent and found myself in London at a restaurant with a waitress who had a strong Cockney accent. It took me 5 minutes to order coffee.

9 Likes

I thought duplex laser systems are just smoke and mirrors? (sorry could not resist, I am surprised I have not seen that joke in the forums yet).

4 Likes

Ah! Got it. I will report it.

Hi @dan, any chance you can explain why I (and many others) just had our dates pushed back 10 days after this nice March report? I was expecting my golden email in just 4 days, and now it will be two weeks. In the whole scheme of things, thatā€™s not so bad, itā€™s just a rather long delay considering I was just four days away. Thanks.

Usually that happens when they switch the production line from making Basics to making Pros, or vice versa.

Could be. Although I thought they said they were caught up on pros. Perhaps more related to their international orders?

Yeah, I had 6 days to go and now itā€™s 15. :frowning:

Hi Any new on air filters as it looks like the dates have moved again?

The text update option on the status page doesnā€™t currently allow text updates. It directs to support. Will we get the text update option later?

No news - the shipping forecast is the latest.

We squeezed the status page feature in - I donā€™t think weā€™ll be revisiting it to add functionality any time soon, but posting the request to Problem & Support is the best way to make sure your request is tracked.

1 Like

My email date is holding steady at Apr 4. It fell back a month a few weeks ago, but hasnā€™t moved since then.

Thanks for the update. I know that folks who are still waiting for their GF are glad to know how much progress is being made on the manufacturing and shipping front.

That said, can we get similar regular updates on improvements and functionality for those of us who have our units, but are awaiting the release of additional functionality?

Iā€™m thinking specifically of optical alignment for designs requiring the passthrough of the GFPro. The auto-alignment feature for the passthrough was one of the biggest selling points to me that convinced me to buy, and while I love what I can do with it as is, it still kinda feels like Iā€™m waiting for my Pro. An update on when we can expect full functionality, or if not when, what kind of progress is being made, would be awesome.

5 Likes

Unfortunately we donā€™t provide status updates on software development - we just announce things when theyā€™re done. But the team is hard at work making that work for you!

1 Like

Hey everyone, I got my international (UK EU) notification email on Tueday 27th Feb now saying itā€™s on the way.

@dan I havenā€™t had any further emails or contact from glowforge or UPS, what/when can expect some correspondence? the upto 6 weeks is a bit vague and is worded differently on different areas of your site, some implying it leaves the factory in upto 6 weeks and some implying it will be landed in my country in 6weeks. I am aware it can get stuck in customs with a delay of upto 4weeks (in the UK) but am not sure if that is accounted for or what. I donā€™t seem to have any tracking info or know if it has even been manufactured yet.

Thanks for the update though.

3 Likes

Pretty well guarantee that the company does not take into account any customs delay. Shipping from the U.S. to the UK seems to be quick (not boat), but even the U.S. deliveries were mostly 2-5 weeks for email to receipt, with zero correlation to any info the customer is privy or the phase of the moon.

The first UK delivery that I have seen arrived today after a quick 2 day trip from the factory through customs and to the customer. Lucky you, takes 4-5 days to make it to the east coast of the U.S.

3 Likes

UPS clear it with customs even before it gets here. It is only Royal Mail and Parcel force that add days of customs clearance outside of their quoted delivery times.

3 Likes

You should receive email from Glowforge with UPS tracking numbers. (Two emails: one with the tracking number for the Proofgrade materials, which ship from Tennessee and one with the tracking number for the Glowforge, which is shipped in two separate boxes from California.) You may or may not receive the email messages before the arrival of your packages.

If UPS My ChoiceĀ® is available at your location I would highly recommend signing up for it. Theyā€™ll let you know about your incoming packages before Glowforge sends you any email.

1 Like

Thanks. I signed up to UPS and have tracking for either the crumb tray or proof grade so far. Good progress.

Get Outlook for iOS

2 Likes

In the US you can distinguish the packages by weight (about 72ibs for the glowforge), you get two tracking numbers for the glowforge and only one for the proofgrade and origin: the glowforge ships from California and the proofgrade from Tennessee. While shipped by UPS regardless of destination, I donā€™t know if the above is in any way obfuscated by UPSā€™s tracking system.