Discussion of March 2018 Update

My air filter just jumped out another month from Apr 4 to May 3.

As regards Norway being pushed, all I can think of is there is some Norwegian regulation. The CE mark allows you to import/sell in the EU, but countries can impose additional rules. UPS isn’t on strike in Norway are they?

1 Like

We are (Norway) more EU adjusted than many EU countries so we can have full access to the inner eu trade market. My vote is on a arbitrary decision, because they feel like it.

CE and other EU regulatory requirements are not the only thing that regulate lasers. Many countries including Norway have their own regulations. Not saying that is the reason for a slip but is certainly just as valid as saying “because they feel like it”.

1 Like

My original theory had been someone tricked dan into eating lutefisk, but as they are shipping to Sweden that’s been blown out of the water. Maybe he’s upset at one of the medals won by Norway at the Winter Games???

3 Likes

Well 2.5 years after I ordered, Glowforge is in my opinion well beyond any grace period. It is might be many reasons why they are not shipping, but they still dont feel like telling us anything. They just keep on slipping, pointing to an made up internal policy as to why they cant communicate like normal people. My respect for Glowforge as an company is slightly worn you might say.

1 Like

Not defending. Still, have seen posts from almost every country and posts from most regions of the U.S. speculating how they are somehow being singled out for poor service as if it was anything other than a process. Never thought I was important enough to be intentionally ignored.

6 Likes

The reason doesn’t matter when it’s been this long and people’s emotions have been dragged through the mud so many times though… at this point it’s all about reception. And receiving another month delay, it’s like the last nail in the coffin

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s annoying.

As for Norway being different than EU on delivery times, my conjecture would be that the NRPA has some additional restrictions for lasers in Norway. From my quick browse, apparently there have been a significant number of incidents involving laser pointers: aircraft and some children have had eye injuries. While the Glowforge isn’t a laser pointer, it is marked as a Class (I for Basic, and IV for Pro) which I think brings some of the extra regs into play. If they passed the rules they were talking about, any owner of a laser of some class or higher has to be registered. While it probably isn’t hard to clear the extra hurdle, the key bit is that it is an extra hurdle so it comes after EU regs. They may have been able to some of it in parallel, but as we’ve seen, their capacity for handling the regulatory stuff has limits and they were already behind their intended timeline on the larger EU.

1 Like

I could see class IV might be an issue but a class I laser product is what things like CD writers are, so basic models should not be held up.

1 Like

Great announcement… So disappointed my date has now shifted out from April to July… again!!! When will this ever end??? We were getting close to April n i knew it would change!!! I’ll get close to July… you will move it again!!! So over it… i planned a business 2.5 years ago!!! Its truly heartbreaking to keep shifting my dreams… im sick of it.

2 Likes

I’ve yet to hear of a scam that offers you a refund…which you can request until they send you the email announcing shipment.

NZ should be no issue shipping into… probably one of the easier countries!!! I ship all sorts here :joy:

:+1:

My expected shipping date is today, but I have not received any shipping e-mails. Should I have gotten it by now?

Give it several more hours. A lot of people have gotten theirs late in the evening Pacific Time.

No. I’d expect it by 10 PM Pacific time, though.

I have been waiting for more than two years, the time is constantly delayed, when the consumer is a fool?

So did you receive a refund?

I think there is ample evidence now that Glowforges are real, and are quite capable/functional.
They really did take the slow road to production, and that is frustrating. But I think now anyone who backs out is the fool.

I will qualify that by saying I would totally understand anyone cancelling their order if they are outside the continental US, particularly any country they have not announced shipping to.

Also those who require the air filter, or MUST have a feature that is not working yet.

2 Likes

When did you request your refund? I understand they are pretty timely with those.