Discussion of the April '18 update

My pro got pushed to September :frowning:
Part of me knew this was coming. It was feeling too good to be true that I was only 2 months from shipping.

Hmm, logged into my account this morning and it says June 30th as well (was May 6th as of last Friday.) I guess the current prediction is they will ship a lot of filters all at once. Or theyā€™ve just given up on predicting. Fortunately, I am in the group that doesnā€™t really need it.

1 Like

Looks like Canada is pushed out to September ā€” @dan, will you be addressing an extension of the founderā€™s status out to 2019? It seems a reasonable move at this pointā€¦

2 Likes

You must be using the word ā€œcommitā€ wrongā€¦ you cannot commit to october 2013ā€¦ and have us still sitting here october 2018!!! Commit means the date stands as a commitmentā€¦it doesnt keep moving. Buy a dictionary with our $28mil you gotā€¦

1 Like

Yup left my job 2.5 years ago as my laser cutter was due to ship in 2 weeks time and i had a lot to organise and set upā€¦ then the date shifted 6 months out, about a week into self employed lifeā€¦ how scary was that. Zero security. So i did some other things to buy soome timeā€¦
Do you evrn know how much you have impacted lives with your extremely poorly planned project??? Who even sells into countries they cannot send into?!? You are starting to feel like the enemyā€¦ the thiefā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s almost as though the Very Best Information Machine is not connected to anything.

1 Like

I second this!

Seriouslyā€¦ this is pathetic. Another push back of 3 months. This is stupidly ridiculous. Whats more ridiculous is that I gave high hopes and kind views on each of your delays since the crowdfunding. But this is just completely over the top now. Im insanely disappointed with how glowforge is dealing with ā€˜USā€™ international customers. Youā€™d think over 2 years to deal with shipping overseas would be dealt by nowā€¦ ergh, if suggesting for refunds is a response, believe me dont get my gears turning because waiting this long and getting that response is just another kick to the bum.

3 Likes

Originally born in the US, I have currently been teaching in Singapore for the last few years. I ordered my Glowforge June 2016 and up until the delivery schedule was just updated, I was slated to receive my shipping email in July. I just checked and now it has been moved to NOVEMBER.

Up until now, I have been SUPER patient. Understanding that if something goes terribly wrong, it will be extremely expensive if I want to send it back for repair. So the silver lining has been that most initial big bugs will have been worked out by the time I would have received mine.

Singapore school year ends mid November, when I go back to the US for 6 weeks to visit family. Which means I possibly wouldnā€™t be in Singapore to receive my Glowforge and have to push it back further.

I still really want my Glowforge but now am entering into being extremely frustrated and upset. I know that Dan and the Glowforge Team has been working hard to do the best it can, but this is ridiculous. Customers in the US can receive one in 10 days from a new order, but it might be more than 2 1/2 years by the time I receive mine?

I NEVER write this in a public forum but . . . . WTF?

7 Likes

Anybody else had their estimated delivery date bumped up to Nov 1 2018 too? I think it is very ridiculous for a backer to wait more than 3 years to get their machine. We were there to back you up when Glowforge first started and every time we reach close enough to the delivery date, it will unknowingly be shifted to a later date.

3 years is a VERY long time when it comes to technology, and a lot of things can change. Just to put things into perspective, when the Glowforge ads first aired we were still using iPhone 6s. Weā€™re at iPhone X now, for those getting their delivery in November, the new iPhones will be out already (thatā€™s if we even get to have the products by then; thereā€™s still a 6 week delivery period mind you).

I am basically waiting for a product that is already 3 years old, and @dan is here happily announcing a new model for Glowforge when I have yet to receive my Glowforge BASIC. how does it make someone in my position feel to read that orders made in the US now will be delivered in 10 days? I am still waiting, for 3 years dammit. This is really not acceptable.

Iā€™ve lost faith in the product. Iā€™ve lost faith in @dan to the point where I donā€™t even wanna see any updates from him because I know itā€™s never good news. @dan you asked for our support, we gave it to you, we stood by you right for the start. Where are you now in all of this? What are you doing besides pushing our dates further and further?

Bring the machine to Singapore.

4 Likes

Exciting and disappointing at the same time ā€“ was part of the kickstarter campaign - didnā€™t have room for the pro and pass through slot - now there is a plus model that would have been perfect. And the price drop of the basic is sad - I know pricing changes, but we were told the basic was going to cost $4,000 and the by funding you we would get a steep discount and only pay $2,495 - now that is the same price you are selling them at

3 Likes

Did Canada Border Patrol/Customs care about the laser regulations when you drove it through the border? Iā€™ve had mine happily running in California for awhile but am planning a move back North within the next year or so and am starting to look at logistics of moving 8 years of life (and accumulated toys/tools).

Not the person that we had. We had all the receipts so we pay the GST and the harmonization code. All they care about is being paid

In your case its different as your are not picking up a purchase. I would research to see if you are complying to safety.

1 Like

My ESND is Oct 15, 2018. Is anyone longer than me?:weary:

OK. Then Iā€™ll just say - Iā€™m sorry. Weā€™ll ship your Glowforge to you as soon as we can. And if you change your mind, let us know, and weā€™ll get you a refund right way.

Indeed. People getting deliveries now get very large gift certificates to go with them.

Good question - I will investigate.

We will as soon as we can - weā€™re spending as much time and money as we can right now to accelerate the process. While most of our international customers and countries have been delivered, weā€™ll continue working at full speed until we take care of everyone.

1 Like

Could you Kindly provide the details on how we can get a full refund for this please. Thank you.

But international customers are unble to use them as it stands, right?

At least Iā€™m unable to use the credits in the shop, and ship it out. Hope this is fixed before our 2018 discounts runs outā€¦

But with that said, the Glowforge is without a doubt worth the wait! :smiley:

2 Likes

send an email to support@glowforge.com.

1 Like

ā€¦that are a fraction of the cash discounts that are now being lavished on new customers whose money you havenā€™t been holding for 31 months.

The part that is burns me the most is the lack of transparency. I cannot understand how you can feel like you owe no explanation to people who paid you for an air filter when John Boehner was Speaker of the House.

3 Likes

Soooooo disappointed, I ordered mine almost 3 years ago nowā€¦ and the estimated delivery date keep moving back more and moreā€¦ so sad.

1 Like