Discussion of the September 2017 update (OLD)

yes, but that’s the spreadsheet, not the forum (ps thanks for counting i was way too lazy) .

I thought it was $20 per month from Dec 16. I only received $40 credit. When I asked about it customer service said that the credits accrued from March 2017 not Dec 16.

Jan 2017 is the first $20 month for those who were part of the crowdfunding campaign and that pre-ordered up to a certain date (that would have been scheduled for a December 2016 delivery).

Those that were to have a February delivery date, their $20 monthly starts March 2017.

7 Likes

great explanation, thanks.

3 Likes

Lol no politics here – I was meaning now as in working on day 8 of basic deliveries and day 1 of pro’s. I’d guess the international contingent would have hesitated a bit compared to the Americans.

1 Like
2 Likes

Hmm – if those numbers are right, quick back of the napkin calculations put us at 1200-1400 basics up to day 8? So there are maybe 200-300 international basic glowforgers to this point? I wonder how many countries that represents?

I agree with you…the dual mandate makes it nearly impossible for them. I don’t think UPS would kill mail service to tiny towns, but they would HAVE to raise rates and not have a “forever” stamp. That is one of the biggest reasons that the USPS struggles to make money…they’re mandated to serve all and at the same rate. The market would say, if they use a ton more gas to get out there, it will cost a little more.

2 Likes

One of the biggest perpetual drains on the Post Office is that they are congressionally mandated to pre-fund their future pension needs.

5 Likes

ding ding ding

That post also says that international orders were lagging at the beginning and support tickets (questions) had to be answered before intl buyers were willing to commit. So first few days was closer to 10%, but your point still stands. A bunch of people are bummed.

Hey there. So I did as Dan suggested and went up to my account. Under the ‘Purchase History’ it shows my order number, cost etc. But there is no purchase date, it is just a blank space. Is there a way that I can find out what you folks think my purchase date is? I have my original receipt so I know what the date is, I would like to know what your system thinks the date is so that we are in sync. Thanks for the help.
David

Ahhh, so that is probably why the order number doesn’t match as well. Thanks for the info. I figure I will probably get the unit someday, but that day may be a long way off. I was pretty much at the end of the pre-order campaign with my purchase.

David

1 Like

It just occurred to me that GF is now shipping day 8, but I didn’t know what the distribution was in terms of how many units were sold each day. I just looked up a press release that said nearly half were sold in the final five days. Which means until they reach day 25, they still haven’t shipping half of the kickstarters. And mine was WAY after the campaign. sigh BE PATIENT, ME! Glad to see so many shipping though.

6 Likes

I’ll be flabbergasted when they ship 1 kickstarter unit.

5 Likes

In most crowd funding and retail sales events, there is a sales surge in the first few days (mostly for being first, but also fear of the item being sold out), then sales slow to a trickle, then pick back up and then the mass of sales is at the end, so that doesn’t surprise me.

I’d expect we see the day shipping date jump very soon, not just because they ramped up production, but because fewer units were sold in the middle of the campaign.

3 Likes

Being squareley in the middle I’m hoping for both to happen together. Pro shipping is still lagging. They don’t even seem to be halfway through day one!

They might be half way through day one with emails but not with actual deliveries or even dispatches. Even with basics the emails are far ahead of actual dispatches which are working through day 3. Nothing points to them being remotely on schedule.

1 Like

That would be something interesting since they were never on kickstarter…

okay, let’s correct that from kickstarters to “initial 30 day crowdfunding campaign”

1 Like