Discussion of the September 2017 update (OLD)

So will you be providing a license price for the ability to sell items produced from catalog designs? Useful for everyone who is looking to pay for their GF…

Also, when the catalog is opened up how much flexibility will users have to set the structure of pricing and the prices themselves?

Thanks.

6 Likes

Given that you are now shipping both versions of GF, can you say when the promised firmware will be open sourced.

I am really interested to see what others produce…

2 Likes

We’ll post here when we have news!

No announcements yet, but we appreciate any thoughts and feedback about what you’d like to see.

7 Likes

You’re welcome to apply, but we likely won’t choose any applicants until we start shipments to their country.

4 Likes

No announcements of future functionality right now, but we’re all ears for suggestions and requests.

3 Likes

I don’t have a date for you right now.

3 Likes

Watt is Love? Chuckle! :smile:

4 Likes

Two Pro units that arrived in the same shipment got dubbed “Watt is Love” and “Don’t Hertz Me”.

34 Likes

I’m a fan of Haddaway. :smile:

3 Likes

As someone who is interested in eventually selling laser made things, I’d love to hear any additional detail @dan and team could add as to what they used for pricing the designs in the catalog. Is it based on the size of the project, the number of steps, the number of pieces, what just felt right, a little bit of all of the above?

Aside from that, I love the detail that has gone into the catalog, the detailed instructions, the techniques needed, the skill level. Heading in the right direction.

Just noticed something, I would like to add a suggestion for an improvement, I’d like deisgns I own to show up as owned in the catalog top level UI. Clicking into the design shows I own it, but from the top it looks like it still needs to be purchased, suggest something like this

9 Likes

Good catch! It will after a few minutes… there’s a pretty aggressive cache on that page that I’m working on tuning. :no_mouth:

9 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! We used a whole host of factors and weightings in calculating the price, including design time, complexity, and so on - but it’s just a starting point, and we expect pricing to change over time.

5 Likes

Just yay. That is all.

4 Likes

Best update so far. Love the commitment to regular and meaningful shipping stats.

I guess some of the features I saw today were brand new and I didn’t even know it. Buying a design right in the app was easy.

8 Likes

@dan Thanks for the shipping updates! We asked and you answered. It is appreciated.

2 Likes

…and now, it’s the Final Countdown! Ba-da-daa-duh…

10 Likes

In the banner, rather than “US Basic orders placed on Day 4” and “US Pro orders placed on Day 1”, can you use actual dates (i.e. “US Basic orders placed on September 30th”)? I’d rather not have to go lookup “when did the 30 day campaign start?” and do the date math to figure out what day I was each time I look at the update.

Thanks.

14 Likes

Look it up once and write it down?

5 Likes

Happy birthday @RogueAce!

4 Likes

Happy Birthday @RogueAce! :balloon::gift::birthday::tada::confetti_ball:

3 Likes