Discussion of the September 2017 update (OLD)

OK, you guys all flagged my posts. What else should I have expected.
I should have accepted being attacked, I deserved it, right?
I was completely wrong. Sure.

Not participating any longer for the most part, not gonna call anyone out since you guys are super tight and do not take well to criticism.

I am going to let the posts be and let the staff handle it.

I am done.

Crazy thing happened today: I was drinking with my buddies and left to take a leak. When I came back everyone was screaming at each other, they’d sold out of Jaeger and there were stormtroopers dancing on the bar…uhm …guys? …guys…?

…what’d I miss?

14 Likes

Aww, that’s better

14 Likes

I really don’t understand what is happening below my question.

It can not be said that the answer given is really precise.
I’m sorry that it caused you trouble @positiveforward

2 Likes

Honey, I was trying to help you, I see you are international and was just offering that someone should actually HELP you instead of just making a useless comment that does not help you or answer your question, then everyone attacked me.

I am sorry I do not have the answers you are looking for but hopefully someone here who is knowledgeable and helpful, like @Jules or someone can get you the info because they are VERY knowledgable of how GF works more than others.

Since I tagged her in this post, maybe she can offer something.

She can offer a better answer than most of the people unless it is staff.

1 Like

Give me a minute…I’m actually typing one up and it puts my happy ass on the line, so I’m going to be pretty freaking careful about it.

12 Likes

I am totally aware of your help while you are not even concerned.
Yes I am an international customer but no I haven’t ordered before June 2017.
So I have not seen a lot of posts that everyone has seen before, and moreover, English is not my language. So, I was in the fog … touched that you could seek clarification for me (and all other international clients).
Thanks again

3 Likes

Totally lost. I thought @May 's question was answered. Albeit not necessarily an answer that we would want but it has all the detail available to anyone non-staff.

4 Likes

Still confused. I went and looked and all of May’s posts in this topic. She found where International units are scheduled to be shipped “Soon”. Depending on when she ordered the official plan was Oct 31st or Nov 31st with International units having the most chance of any slip beyond that. Some believe that, some do not. But as far as official info that’s all anyone has. What was the question that is not being answered?

3 Likes

Done. Jules is handling it.

I think part of the reason that people are getting so horribly anxious right now, is that people might be afraid their concerns are not being heard.

That’s not true at all, I promise you that every single thing you’ve said has been heard by Glowforge and @dan, and that he feels very bad that he can’t answer each person individually.

But…there is an excellent reason that he is not giving specific shipping information out and it’s to our benefit. In business, too much information can be used against you, and it could impact us, the customers, not Glowforge.

Believe it or not, they are actually protecting us. Yes, i know it, and no I can’t prove it without exposing us to the exact thing they are protecting us from. So you don’t have to believe me, but I won’t give more information on it.

Each person has their own way of dealing with frustration, and let’s face it, whatever you do, it’s going to annoy the crap out of someone else. The forum is a big enough place that we don’t have to try to change other people’s ideas - there will be groups of people that prefer to talk to each other and provide support for each other…just let them.

To the folks who are afraid you’re not being heard…you are, and the people speaking to you are not attacking you. Most of the time i find that people are trying to help each other, but sometimes folks on both sides of an issue are under pressure and tempers just flair.

Blow it off, let it go, and get on with living. There are good things coming, we’re just not sure exactly when. And a couple of months isn’t going to be the end of the world, even after two years. I know they are busting ass as hard as they can to get these things out, but sometimes moving too quickly introduces errors, and even more delay, so taking it slow REALLY makes more sense.

Flags get reviewed and are generally set aside if it’s a heat of the moment thing - they’re not monsters.

Just hang in there.

And yes, it’s much tougher for the international customers.

15 Likes

Was being completely serious with my question. With no emotion or judgement. No clue what wasn’t answered.

3 Likes

@Jules, I have to say, after my vent on another thread earlier, it was seriously awesome and uplifting to see a thread of a BUNCH of people saying they had just gotten their E mails, like one after the other, so there is a glimmer of hope I actually see.

I was already in a good mood, then THIS happened.

There’s actually a lot of hope, we just have to know that they are kind of dribbling out the information for a reason. We can’t know where they are, because if we do, others do as well.

Go get excited. :grinning:

3 Likes

OMG, I trust you too as a voice of reason…don’t let me down!!!

But not on this thread :wink:

1 Like

I don’t see how being honest with us where they are up to with shipping can hurt us. Are you implying it would help competitors? That would only be the case if they were miles behind and that will soon become obvious to everybody in 34 days if it isn’t obvious now.

2 Likes

And Chris, I’m not going to answer you. I’m sorry. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Thank you Jules for your clarification. I think it’s important to give information sometimes. Trust is also gained in the exchange, even silence seems necessary to protect us.

On the other hand, I do not agree with this :

And a couple of months isn’t going to be the end of the world

A few more months is not the end of planet Earth. But for my company, this is a very critical phase. I tried to keep the same speech that GF keeps to my customers “give me your money and if it takes a few months more it is not the end of the World”. However, they do not seem as understanding as we are…

3 Likes

Well, that’s true, and it might be a deal breaker for a few folks. They don’t know the specific details for each orderer. :slightly_frowning_face:

All I can say is I sincerely hope that you get it before it becomes necessary for you to look at alternatives.
(There isn’t anything else that the helpful folk around here can do to assist, and THAT is what causes the worst frustration for us.)

No one likes to feel helpless, but at this point, it’s beyond anyone’s control. Sux. (I’d better be careful or I’ll get flagged for language.)

4 Likes

It’s not too tough to figure out what you’re saying without you actually saying it. So, thanks for the update.

1 Like