Thanks to Glowforge for the NY Maker Faire Grant!

I did too and it was kind of embarrassing. (Especially after seeing the videos of the grant offerings - not gonna do that again.)

Iā€™m confused, I would be proud to see my work displayed as an example.
Videos of the grant offerings? :thinking:

1 Like

Awww! Thanks for sharing! I wish I could have been there! Looks so fun :squeeee:

1 Like

Sheā€™s being ridiculous :wink:

2 Likes

Just all the little bits that the attendees have shown in the pictures and vids shared here.

Am not! And you guys need to send a few to them for the next show, there is no way Iā€™m allowing my stuff to sit out there by itself again. They need some more professional artwork, not plain little bleh! stuff thatā€™s not even decorated properly. :smile:

Yes, they were on display at the Glowforge booth.

1 Like

Does that have anything to do with your

:smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk:

4 Likes

I know the creator has the most critical eye, but I agree with Drea. You are a lot better than you give yourself credit for.

4 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™ve been thinking about that. Just not sure that my stuff fits in there. At last yearā€™s MF, I noticed that all of the display items were ā€œprint and goā€ pieces. That is not a knock (not at all) but it seems to promote the @marmak3261 aesthetic of ā€œjustonetoolā€.

As much as Iā€™d like to make print & go stuff, it just doesnā€™t seem to be how Iā€™m wired. Everything that I make consists of many (probably too many) steps, of which the laser is just one. I worry that this goes against the plug and play/ease of use that is such a huge part of their marketing?

4 Likes

I would think that your work would be a great fit, just pick something that a substantial portion was done on the :glowforge:

1 Like

No, thatā€™s just me not being able to stand the pain anymore. Hope i didnā€™t screw things up or I might be finding myself frequenting the Epilog forum.

For you and @PrintToLaser, (and several other artists around here) thatā€™s exactly why they need to be displaying your stuff. They arenā€™t just showing this to people who want to make print and go stuff, they will be marketing it to artists and artisans as well.

Seriously, send @Bailey a couple of things before April or whenever the next show is. Who knows what will appeal to the next customer?

And @markevans36301 - one of those Mayan tool holders. :wink:

And @davidgal2 - one of your kitty slates (or puppy), or one of Marthaā€™s builds of the smaller lithop box.

Needs to be a group effort.

6 Likes

Tell you what - you submit something and Iā€™ll do the same. Iā€™m being genuine, no snark!

My only caveat is that I canā€™t do so till after Halloween (Iā€™m already flagging, and itā€™s still a month out). In fact, I need to get off this forum and get some real work done already :wink:

3 Likes

Done, this seems to be a forum favorite so Iā€™ll perfect it and send one in.

2 Likes

Squeeeeee! :squeeee::squeeee::squeeee:

Fair enough. I canā€™t promise a time either but it will be before their next big show.

1 Like

Do we know when that is? @bailey can you weigh in on that?

Probably Maker Faire Bay Area, but we havenā€™t committed to anything yet.

3 Likes

Best MFNY question was from (IIRC) @Tom_A about could you engrave a marshmallow? And I pointed out I had done a peep without problemsā€¦

2 Likes

I still laugh about your story of running into a store for peeps and mustard seeds! :joy:

3 Likes