First chance to do a test using the new power profiles on the GF. I was on a business trip and couldn’t play until now.
In case you’re interested here are some cutting power tests from April and today. They show how the software has changed the power delivery over time.
Here’s the results of my calibration testing since I got the PRU. These are all done on 1/8" Baltic Birch plywood.
This first on shows a fair amount of smoke residue from the cuts & scores on the front and serious flashback on the back side. Some of it actually ate into the wood. It was run on 4/16.
A couple of weeks later on 4/27, I noticed it wasn’t cutting like it had been. I ran the test again and power was radically changed. The first let me cut through at 100/80 and the second was down to 100/30 although the 100/40 cut was close. The smoke staining was reduced but the very slow (5/10/15/20 in per minute) cuts really charred the back with divots burned out.
Today with the new profile I ran it again. Cut through was at 100/50 this time with nearly 100% cut through at 100/60 - so something in the middle between the two April tests. Smoke staining was much less with charring on the reverse reduced to only the slowest two speed tests - 10 & 5 in/min. The charring on the 5 in/min test is about half as deep as April’s.