Don’t Leave Your Bike on your Roof When Entering Garage

Last week, I almost drove my car into the garage with my bike on the roof. I was pretty darn close to destroying my bike, my roof rack and even my garage. It would not only have been an expensive mistake, it would have been incredibly embarrassing…
About an hour later, I had this:

I’m hoping this will be a good enough reminder.
Seems effective so far.

Edit:
Here is the SVG file that I used
Bike%20on%20Roof_r02

Cheers,
Jason

75 Likes

Hahaha! Just like that commercial! Great solution.

1 Like

Too funny, now if you made one for groceries…

2 Likes

VERY cool idea. Practical projects are the best. :grin:

1 Like

It is the little things that make life work.

God I wish I knew you a few years ago after I did this for the second time. After doing it twice, I knew I couldn’t be trusted with a roof rack and had to go hitch mount. This would have saved my bikes, my garage, my house, and my pride.

7 Likes

I’ll upload my SVG in case you ever consider buying a roof rack again!
I, myself, do prefer hitch rack. However, my garage is too short for my workbench and my car in front of it with a hitch rack. So, I guess I prefer hitch rack, but not by enough to get rid of my workbench!

1 Like

Brilliant!

You should start selling those with, “Kid in Back!”

4 Likes

EXACTLY what I was going to say…

Have you seen they have big yellow signs at the entrances to WalMart??

3 Likes

Pulled into the detached garage, carrying the stuff I bought and shut the garage door and went inside. Wife says"where’s Daniel?"
He was sitting content strapped in his car seat cooing away. :expressionless::roll_eyes:

8 Likes

This whole issue would be moot if y’all would just park in the driveway like normal people. Garages are for housing noisy/messy tools and storage of unfinished projects, not CARS!

18 Likes

For some of us, garages are for housing noisy/messy tools and storage of unfinished project CARS!

9 Likes

Wish I had that years ago! My then bf returning from his training ride did just that!
Didn’t damage the bike frame (biggest concern then), but dent in my garage’s trim and bit of dent on his little car where the rack moved back a bit…

2 Likes

Best idea I have seen for the toddlers is to put a drool proof phone cradle on the baby seat.

Two fold safety.
NOT distracted on the phone while driving.
And no one leaves without their phone, (as sad as that is to have priority).

2 Likes

One quick google search later shows just how wrong it can go…

4 Likes

Brilliant. I once saw about $30,000 worth of a professional’s road bikes become one with the entranceway of a Boulder parking garage. Those folks could’ve used this.

5 Likes

That meets specs. But once they’re drivable, they should move out. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

7 Likes

Everyone,
I added files for Bike on Roof and also Baby in Car to the original post.
Jason

1 Like