Draftboard can be beautiful!

I play with design for entertainment, I can hardly look at an object and not default to “How could I model that?”

5 Likes

Omg I am the same! Of course I tend to think how could I do that without glue. Lol

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s your signature. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

You know, that saw-toothed joint that Dan shared with us essentially requires the partial destruction of the teeth as you press it together, takes a hammer to get it apart.

2 Likes

Not sure I saw that.

1 Like

I think This is it.

2 Likes

Ah. I do remember that. I never downloaded it. Maybe I will now.

1 Like

I would be interested in your assessment.

2 Likes

I will look at it tonight. Now I’m intrigued! Lol

2 Likes

I think it allows a degree of “elbow room” in the fit… depending on the size of your hammer.

2 Likes

Haha. “I’m not sure what happened, I used a sledgehammer “ lol

2 Likes

I see you are diversifying! Great result. Love the anchor lock. I always think you design in record time, so it boggles the mind it took you awhile… :wink: like everything about this!

3 Likes

Lol. Most of the design time was what the hell am I going to do with this box. Lol

1 Like

Hey, I’ve been agonizing months over making my own purse… finally printed the pieces. By the time it’s all together we’ll all be quarantined!

1 Like

I know! Right ?! Imagine what designs are going to hit the forum! Lol

2 Likes

I agree! That looks really nice.

1 Like

I really like the box you made. You keep making such neat projects that are all unique. Beautiful work. :grinning:

4 Likes

Thank you! It was pretty fun to design and make.

2 Likes

Nice piece. Now it just needs a couple coats of spar varnish so you can hit the water without worry.

3 Likes

Yeah I thought about that. But when I used some spray varnish on a test piece of Draftboard it made it really dark. I will just have to add a note inside that you cannot get this wet. LOL