Draftboard est arrivé!

Look what was waiting on my doorstep…

The name still freaks me out a bit…

49 Likes

Looks nice! Did they put masking on that too?

7 Likes

Yes, both sides. Headed out to dinner, will post something tomorrow.

10 Likes

Sweet!

3 Likes

Right? I hope they didn’t pay for someone to name it. Despite the name I look forward to hearing how it goes.

3 Likes

HOW CAN YOU EAT AT A TIME LIKE THIS!

(And filler text to let discourse let me post…)

8 Likes

I must really be out of it…for a moment, I thought it said Dashboard. :no_mouth:

3 Likes

Had to try three times before spellchecker stopped “correcting” it to Dartboard. :smiley:

9 Likes

Confirming what @hansepe and @marmak3261 mentioned in another thread: As of June 30th, there are no proofgrade settings in the Ui for this new Proofgrade material. :no_mouth:

Disappointing, given that there are settings for :proofgrade: materials that aren’t yet available for sale, e.g. Florescent acrylic in multiple colors.

Since it’s based on the ply filler used in other :proofgrade: products, I’ll try some of the ply settings, as @hansepe suggested… :thinking:

8 Likes

If you don’t see Draftboard settings in your UI, try forcing a browser cache refresh.

Many thanks to @Rita for the quick support response!

9 Likes

That’s the ticket. Worked like a charm. Thanks.

3 Likes

Interesting. When I looked for it last night I didn’t see it. And that was on a new PC (my previous one bricked the bios a couple of weeks ago). I didn’t check on the GF laptop which has connected before. But the new one did have all the new colored acrylic settings. Just no Draftboard. Maybe they added it in after I checked last night.

2 Likes

After searching “Draftboard” and reading all of the posts, I’m still at a bit of a loss. I’m thinking it is pressboard, or MDF if you prefer, with veneer glued to both sides. Is this correct?

I would have gone to the store, where I’m sure there is a good product description, but I haven’t received my email yet.

I’d just like to know a little about the proofgrade options that will be available when the time comes. Thanks. :slight_smile:

I haven’t seen it yet either, but a couple of folks have gotten some -

Looks like MDF without veneer. (It does come masked.)

Interesting. Looking forward to hearing how well it cuts. If it works well for the testers, I think I have a project it would work perfect for.

Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Looks like plywood with MDF outer surfaces to me. Never heard of that before.

I don’t have any draftboard so can only go from pictures and the Proofgrade plywood that I have. @hansepe post of his ruler looks exactly like the MDF material that is between the two veneers in the Proofgrade plywood I have.

Suspect it’s just a solid piece of fine particle MDF, a little thicker than the center ply of the Proofgrade plywoods so that it can be used as a prototyping material.

3 Likes

The picture at the top looks like it has about seven layers.

Look at the bottom of that photo. It appears that it is actually a stack of several sheets of Draft Board instead of layers.

1 Like

yeah, this stuff is only like an 1/8" or something isn’t it?

1 Like