Ear savers with some human friendly tweaks

I cut lots of these from material thinner than the 1/8" acrylic.

2 Likes

It hasnā€™t been. I did about 10,000 out of 1/16 and 1/32" acrylic. Most people prefer the thinner material because it bends to the shape of the head better.

4 Likes

What settings did you use for the 1/16ths and 1/32ndths thick acrylic because I want to do this too.

So can someone explain how the half Flexi ear saver works? I cannot visualize this in my head. Sorry if this seems like a simple answer that I should know.

1 Like

@StephanieG This might help Flexi Earsavers from your Scrap

1 Like

Such a great improvement to a great item. We have distributed so many and people will love these even more!

God Bless you and your family. Thank you for your thoughtful addition to this topic

1 Like

Hi what settings would you use for 1/16

Iā€™ve not cut 1/16 acrylic myself, but I have seen others use these settingsā€¦
Speed: 150
Power: 70

There are more suggested setting in the following Google Spreadsheet. These arenā€™t official settings from Glowforge, mostly a collection of settings that community members have found to work.

3 Likes

Weā€™re not supposed to discuss power settings in this part of the forum (they got in Everything Else) but I did a fair amount of cutting 1/16 for earsavers. My settings were more pews and zooms (30/25 respectively).

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. Will try to remember that.

1 Like

Lawyers. Back in the very early days they werenā€™t allowed anywhere. Dan got the lawyers to allow them in one unmonitored part of the forum. That way theyā€™re not in any way responsible if someone posts a crazy setting that someone else uses and burns their house down. (A rather overblown fear from my point of view - been teaching laser operations for years and dealing with many other laser manufacturers who have no issues with shared settings. But I donā€™t make the rules so we were just glad they allowed it in one place anyway.)

3 Likes

Thank you very much. Thatā€™s fab

@nancielaing
Did you get the sheet with or without adhesive? Was it the 2mil size you used 4 sheets stacked? Wanting to make some thinner ones for family and co workers. Thanks!

How was the white added @ashley? Did you paint it before unmasking it?

@kristen.pericleous apologies for the slow response. Life has been super busy, and I donā€™t think Iā€™ve been on the forum since last year.

Itā€™s actually just the masking, left on strategically in the center.