Emergency- help....machine Reads scanning /homing

I need help ASAP. My machine was slowing acting up, first it was taking a long time to process and image, then it was taking a while to scan then a while to home now the carriage doesn’t even move. We have clean it to the max, reset the WiFi, reset the network.

Last time the happened we had to change the black strip.
I am worried because I have already paid and committed to events for the next few weeks and can not back out. First event is this weekend.

Please call or email us with any suggestions.
Alita
718 704 9512

Unfortunately, it sounds like it might be your black strip again. (One thing I caution people to do is not open the lid fully upright…it puts pressure on that black strip if it wasn’t installed with enough slack in it, and that will cause the wires in it to break prematurely.)

Run through the tests for it listed here, and wait to hear from support. They can see what’s going on from your logs. Hopefully it’s nothing more serious than that, and it can be switched out again. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi @transit219. My colleague Michael has sent you an email in regards to the issues you are experiencing. I am going to close this thread. If you run into trouble again, please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.