Engrave quality and alignment off

I don’t know why or how but my machine is getting out of alignment. I’ve made dozens of coasters and they all turned out ok and the quality was the same. Recently though my machines alignment got way off. Like I’d have to place the image how id want it then Down Arrow up to 11 times sometimes to get it aligned in the area I want. Now I stared making coasters again but now I cant replicate the quality. Theyre more dark even on lower settings and not as sharp.

Also after the speed update I noticed my machine homing on startup started slamming back and I noticed a speck of something inside the lens that’s unaccessible easily.

How do I fix this?
I’ll upload some images and video.

I’d also like to add that I did the Glowforge calibration on the draftboard as well

Have you cleaned your lens and the mirror deep inside on the left lately?

Yes, All the lenses and mirror. I ended taking off the ‘Printer head window’ and cleaning the inside of that lens removing the speck on the inside.

This is the part I’m talking about

Worth checking–as after 2 years I thought I knew what I was doing–but had odd results–very different from same material & settings that I’d recently done, and turned out I installed my mirror upside down after cleaning… and I think it also did cause the alignment to be off, too!

Do you reboot your system? The alignment re-checks itself when it power cycles and someone recently was having issues because they hadn’t actually shut down their machine in weeks (months?)

1 Like

By reboot do you mean turn off and on? I turn off my machine every day when not in use. When it does the startup that’s when it slams the back and only on startup

1 Like

Since this problem is being seen on materials that were purchased from another company, we can’t offer support for prints that don’t come out as expected. Materials may vary widely from piece to piece, even if they’re created by the same manufacturer. I’m going to move it to Beyond the Manual so other folks here can help. Should this happen with a print on Proofgrade materials, please open a new ticket in Problems and Support and we’ll help you right away!

What about the misalignment issue unrelated to materials?

As they told you, you will need to provide pictures demonstrating the problem on PG materials in a separate thread in P&S.

Did you see the videos? There are no materials and the crumb tray is there. Thats on startup it has its issue. Its still relevant

That’s a Pro model. Check this:

Start at the direct link and read down the thread for pictures.

Run the Gift of Good Measure (GoGM) on proofgrade and post photos and times (including location). They will then be able to check the logs and verify. You’ll not they didn’t close the thread - just let you know they can’t respond until you test with PG.

I appreciate you so much. My cable was caught up on the fan and I corrected it. My prints are still off so Ill do another camera re calibration
Thanks for being helpful

2 Likes

I ran these before your post

Annotation 2019-12-11 183318 Annotation 2019-12-11 183350 Annotation 2019-12-11 185829 Annotation 2019-12-11 190210 Annotation 2019-12-11 190210_LI

The last image shows where the cut mark started after a set focus. I then stopped and refocused it to show how off it is.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.