Engraved my 2020 MBP, see what happened!

Finally!
I decided to engrave on my brand new MBP with my hands on my heart hoping that nothing goes wrong.
For the height measurment i followed this post and it helped me a lot in determining the exact required height to acheive best outcome.
I copied the settings from GF dashboard material (Speed: 1000, Power: Full, LPI: 450) and prayed to be perfect :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: .
Now this is the moment you are waiting for after about 45 minutse or so.

Iā€™m happy that it went perfect and grateful to all the posts out there.

47 Likes

That turned out great.! The design is very pretty and is aligned perfectly.

5 Likes

This is sooo good! I may need to buy a macbook just so I can do this to it!

5 Likes

Looks great. Iā€™ve always been so scared to try thisā€¦ Especially after seeing what happened when @geek2nurse tried it!

7 Likes

This looks great! I may have to give it a go!!

4 Likes

Wooh neato!!

3 Likes

I canā€™t even IMAGINE the stress of pushing the button and hoping for the best! Youā€™re one brave soulā€¦ but it turned out looking REALLY nice!

5 Likes

what happened?

believe me it was STRESSFUL!

the print was ready for about 10 mins. until i pressed that button :joy:

3 Likes

Here is the link

1 Like

I remember this post, i was hoping not to go through that experience. I hope she managed to recover her MBP.

Actually, i try to study my project well before trying the real one. I learned this the hard way :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Iā€™m impressedā€¦what nice work!

2 Likes

Looks great

2 Likes

Beautiful design!

1 Like

ā€œYouā€™re a better man than I am, Gunga Din!ā€ I donā€™t think I would ever have the testicular fortitude to do that to my Apple products

2 Likes

@wenning08 @ptodd

Thanks!

2 Likes

Itā€™s actually better than in the picture.

Thanks for your kind words, itā€™s always nice to experience something new even if it destroys you (financially) :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

And it does look good!

1 Like

I love it! My big fear is that it will come out misaligned somehow. How did you align it so well?

1 Like