Engraved my 2020 MBP, see what happened!

That turned out great.! The design is very pretty and is aligned perfectly.

5 Likes

This is sooo good! I may need to buy a macbook just so I can do this to it!

5 Likes

Looks great. I’ve always been so scared to try this… Especially after seeing what happened when @geek2nurse tried it!

7 Likes

This looks great! I may have to give it a go!!

4 Likes

Wooh neato!!

3 Likes

I can’t even IMAGINE the stress of pushing the button and hoping for the best! You’re one brave soul… but it turned out looking REALLY nice!

5 Likes

what happened?

believe me it was STRESSFUL!

the print was ready for about 10 mins. until i pressed that button :joy:

3 Likes

Here is the link

1 Like

I remember this post, i was hoping not to go through that experience. I hope she managed to recover her MBP.

Actually, i try to study my project well before trying the real one. I learned this the hard way :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

I’m impressed…what nice work!

2 Likes

Looks great

2 Likes

Beautiful design!

1 Like

“You’re a better man than I am, Gunga Din!” I don’t think I would ever have the testicular fortitude to do that to my Apple products

2 Likes

@wenning08 @ptodd

Thanks!

2 Likes

It’s actually better than in the picture.

Thanks for your kind words, it’s always nice to experience something new even if it destroys you (financially) :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

And it does look good!

1 Like

I love it! My big fear is that it will come out misaligned somehow. How did you align it so well?

1 Like

thank you, i used a big ruler to align the laptop. Then i moved the angle from the scan process from the printer itself.
If you want to be more precise, you can mark the center from both sides and align it on the dashboard.

Best regards,

1 Like