Engraving on leafs

I engraved leafs.

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

2 Likes

How cool! Can you post some pics?

2 Likes

thanks. I did own a Glow Forge
plus, for about a year but sold it back in Feb. Due that I had to move and was not sure if the landlord would let me run it. I missed it lot. I live in Vermont and one day sitting in the car looking at all the leaf’s fall time here is like driving thru a coloring book. I pick up some leaf’s turn the power way down at it did not burn the leaf. Matter of fact if you look closely the veins are not burnt or broken.

38 Likes

Wow, those look awesome!

2 Likes

34 Likes

Gosh, I’d say you are the leaf expert—those are all very nice! I think the bear is my favorite.

9 Likes

Those are all very nice, the bear has my vote also. Great idea, thanks for sharing the inspiration! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Those leaf me speechless. Great designs and i love how they came out. Those might be fun with dishwasher safe modpodge on a mug, or anywhere. Thank you for sharing.

12 Likes

Those are great! I tried it briefly last year, but all my leaves dried up (tried mod podge and shellac but that didn’t work).
This year, I soaked them in glycerin and they are soft and pliable! It’s one part glycerin to 2-3 parts water. Leave them in for 2-3 days.
I haven’t yet lasered these ones, but at least they are ready for when I want to do it.

7 Likes

You got me with your headline. I expected another artificial leaf project, but you are correct, you were engraving on a leaf.

They came out rather amazing. I know the feeling when something works better than you expected which means you have to do it a lot, heh heh.
Excellent lineup of leaf engravings.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum! What a great way to introduce yourself! And welcome back @j_cranshaw!
I agree with others - the bear is my favorite.

1 Like

Amazing! What settings did you use?

2 Likes

Those are incredible.

Wow… brilliant idea! Wondering if a thin coat of epoxy will keep them from decaying further for longevity? I might have to go out to the massive collection (putting off the fall cleanup as long as possible) I have in my yard presently and grab a few to play with.

2 Likes

Soak for 4 to 6 days tape your leaf to card stock will blow off when engraving. Turn down settings wrote the. Settings down but cant find it.

6 Likes

Wrote them down just can’t find them. Turn settings way down and tape edge of leaf to card stock will blow off when engraving.

I miss the leaves changing - one of the only things I miss, though. I love FL - even with hurricanes.I will have to try some of the engraving if I can dry out some leaves. There is a plant here called sea grape that the early Spanish explorers used as paper. They have large round, thick leaves. I used them as Christmas cards one year.

3 Likes

There are also some hacks for that:

4 Likes

I love working with leaves. After I engrave/cut them I coat with resin.

8 Likes