Engraving on leafs

34 Likes

Gosh, I’d say you are the leaf expert—those are all very nice! I think the bear is my favorite.

9 Likes

Those are all very nice, the bear has my vote also. Great idea, thanks for sharing the inspiration! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Those leaf me speechless. Great designs and i love how they came out. Those might be fun with dishwasher safe modpodge on a mug, or anywhere. Thank you for sharing.

12 Likes

Those are great! I tried it briefly last year, but all my leaves dried up (tried mod podge and shellac but that didn’t work).
This year, I soaked them in glycerin and they are soft and pliable! It’s one part glycerin to 2-3 parts water. Leave them in for 2-3 days.
I haven’t yet lasered these ones, but at least they are ready for when I want to do it.

7 Likes

You got me with your headline. I expected another artificial leaf project, but you are correct, you were engraving on a leaf.

They came out rather amazing. I know the feeling when something works better than you expected which means you have to do it a lot, heh heh.
Excellent lineup of leaf engravings.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum! What a great way to introduce yourself! And welcome back @j_cranshaw!
I agree with others - the bear is my favorite.

1 Like

Amazing! What settings did you use?

2 Likes

Those are incredible.

Wow… brilliant idea! Wondering if a thin coat of epoxy will keep them from decaying further for longevity? I might have to go out to the massive collection (putting off the fall cleanup as long as possible) I have in my yard presently and grab a few to play with.

2 Likes

Soak for 4 to 6 days tape your leaf to card stock will blow off when engraving. Turn down settings wrote the. Settings down but cant find it.

6 Likes

Wrote them down just can’t find them. Turn settings way down and tape edge of leaf to card stock will blow off when engraving.

I miss the leaves changing - one of the only things I miss, though. I love FL - even with hurricanes.I will have to try some of the engraving if I can dry out some leaves. There is a plant here called sea grape that the early Spanish explorers used as paper. They have large round, thick leaves. I used them as Christmas cards one year.

3 Likes

There are also some hacks for that:

4 Likes

I love working with leaves. After I engrave/cut them I coat with resin.

8 Likes

That is a great saying on that leaf! Do you mind if I use it on something?

2 Likes

I like it, too. You need to let go to grow…

2 Likes

Feel free :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Immaculate control over the power in that engraving. How cool is that ability? The moral of the message is a living skill.

2 Likes

What a great idea, and beautifully executed

1 Like