Error message "interlocking door is open"

As soon as I ran a cut the head began to move to its first cut of the job and the machine just randomly shut off. Then on the top of the cut screen the error message read “interlocking door is open” and it referenced me to the back of the glowforge, and the machine would not turn back on after that. By the time I was able to read the error message it had clear away. Still learning the ins and outs of my glowforge so any advice would be great advice to help me fix this issue. Thank you you in advance.

Do you have a Pro? They have a safety interlock staple (not a door) on the back near the power switch that needs to be pushed fully in.

1 Like

Yes I have a glowforge pro. After reading other forms I read to remove the pin and reinsert the pin on the back of the glowforge and still wouldn’t turn on?
Uploading: 20220117_220832.jpg…

1 Like

That’s unfortunate. A staff member will have to confirm, but they may need to replace your machine :frowning:

1 Like

Would love to see a screenshot of that. There is no “interlocking door”, the machine will report a safety interlock error, however.

The interlock pin has no effect on machine power. It will power up just fine with it removed, it just won’t operate. I just checked mine, again for what must be the 4th time. Pulled the pin, powered it up, lights and fans fired up as usual.

If you’re not getting power, you have a different issue.

1 Like

How do I contact a staff member, I need to move forward with this issue and get our machine replaced, until then my business is put on hold until I receive the new machine? Thanks for your input.

Sorry for your difficulty … A new post in “Problems and Support” opens a ticket with staff. Hang tight … they’ll be along to help you. Yesterday was a holiday.

3 Likes

Thank you for your help I appreciate it. :+1:

1 Like

I’m sorry for the trouble with your Glowforge and that it’s not powering back on. If you haven’t already, please do the following to help us narrow down if there is a possible issue with the power source or with the Glowforge itself:

1. Unplug your Glowforge from the wall

2. Plug another device directly into the same outlet and see if it works

3. If the device does not work, have an electrician investigate. It may be a blown fuse, a broken outlet, or something else

4. If the outlet works, unplug the other end of the cord from the Glowforge unit itself

5. Inspect both ends of the power cord; if you notice any damage, try another power cord

6. Plug in the end of the power cord that goes to the Glowforge, making sure it is inserted all the way in

7. Plug the other end of the power cord into the outlet, making sure it is inserted all the way in

8. If your Glowforge still won’t power on, try another outlet

Please let us know what you find!

1 Like

Power cable works perfectly fine, I Completed every step and still no power to the machine. But when I would turn the power switch to the on position the tiny fan that is located behind and below the head turns on for a split second then stops and that tells me that the machine is recieving power but something is keeping it from fully turning on. This occurs each time I try to turn the power on but still does not fully turn on?

Thank you for the additional information. After reviewing everything we’ve found that your Glowforge has an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I’m so sorry for the bad news. I’ll be in touch very soon via email with next steps.