Everyone's Best Friend - Dogs

My mother in law moved out recently taking our little man with her since he had fallen so in love with her… but luckily we seem to attract critters. Here is a pic out our back door yesterday morning. Foxes are doggies too. Ha!

11 Likes

Sorry about Budders, @jbv

I know how it is to lose your furry shadow. Here’s a pic of Rizzo ready for a camping trip, couldn’t leave the house without her.

11 Likes

Sorry Jesse. I loved the pics you have shared of Budders. It’s got to be tough.

7 Likes

Condolences @jbv . It just sucks. Never did figure it out with the two cats the wife and I have lost.

Just keep marching I guess.

6 Likes

My thoughts are with you @jbv

11 months ago today, I lost my best friend, and it still hurts sometimes. I keep him with me daily in the form of a tattoo of him, done with his ashes, I also plan on using my GF to make him a very nice urn, engraved with pictures of him.

Best way I know how to honor him.

10 Likes

@jbv I can’t say it any better than this…

Changes of the heart are just painful, but it’s always worth the risk of building friendships (both people and our furry friends).

13 Likes

What a great picture - and memory.
Many of us bear the scar of that wound. A price we pay for the unique joy of a companionship that transcends species. Both of your lives were greatly enriched by it.
Take a measure of solace knowing that his entire life was filled with his best friend, and he never knew the anguish of parting with him. An inevitability that is your burden, and one you gladly shoulder for the reward of your years together.

It would bother Budders to be a source of sadness in his best friend’s life. He celebrated every day he had with you, and you will continue to revel in the memories you shared for the rest of your life. You would be a poorer man if he had never come at all.
So sorry, and thank you Jesse for reaching out and sharing with us. That is telling of how much a part of you our community here is, and we feel your pain.

The wound will slowly heal, but the fond memories of the mutual bond are chiseled into your being and will never diminish. Budder’s gift to you. Celebrate that.

8 Likes

@jbv - hoping today is a little bit easier. Be good to yourself!

6 Likes

My three charges, Maggie, Duke and Lefty. Yes I know it sounds like a 50s biker Gang.

Lefty is the closest thing to a familiar that I may ever see. I suffered my first Stroke back in 2006 on October 5th. Oct 5th, 2014 was the eighth anniversary of the stroke I had in Arizona, where I lost my left side for a little bit. I spent the afternoon with my two dogs, both Carolina Dogs, American Dingoes. About 6:45pm I took them outside for their evening respite and was greeted by three strays outside the fence. A grown up blue heeler, a corgi, and what looked like a puppy Carolina dog. I let my dogs visit with them through the fence and they seemed happy, the puppy sticking his head through the fence but not being able to go all the way through. I took my dogs back inside, and the strays went on there way. Then about 8:05pm there was deep whining heard from outside, both Duke and Maggie heard it and their ears went up. I left them inside and went out back and there behind the gate next to the garage was the puppy whining to get in. He was alone, so I let him in the gate and sat outside with him for awhile. He climbed up in a flower pot, and settled down like it was home. After awhile I took him inside, both other dogs were extremely jealous and wouldn’t allow me to touch him without being pressed up against my leg while I reached over them. They reacted the same way when my brother came home the next morning, between the puppy and him, they had to be the closest to him. Well, he spent the night in the kennel and did fine, he seemed to be exhausted and slept the entire night, either that or I just didn’t wake up. He seems to be at home and comfortable, right now he is sleeping on the dog bed in my office while I type this. He looks amazingly like the other two, tan with white socks and white tipped tail. The only difference is his left eye, which is startling blue, while the right eye looks just like Maggie’s color. His left eye, on the anniversary of my stroke in which was on my left side for a bit. Ironic, but he found a forever home on the Anniversary of my first stroke, yes I have had two more, one last Oct.

15 Likes

What a sweet looking pack you have there! Glad that Maggie and Duke let Lefty join the gang.

2 Likes

This must be nearly 15 years ago now…

13 Likes

My pack with me at work this morning

21 Likes

I love that even their ears match (floppy vs perky)!

5 Likes

Our 5 year old papillon, Cappy.

11 Likes
5 Likes

11 Likes

Our Girl Riley

9 Likes

well, it’s been almost 7 months since our dog Moochie passed away. and on Friday we will welcome a new member of the family. she gets spayed tomorrow and we pick her up from the shelter after work Friday.

18 Likes

She looks like a sweet girl. :blush:

1 Like

Aww, congrats on your new Dane, she looks very sweet. :heart: She looks fairly young, do they no how old she is?

4 Likes