Examples of detailed lasering?

I think this is something detailed, made with a glowforge that can be used as reference beside of the things the beta testers have done

/uploads/db6859/optimized/2X/3/3842c00c0be23be41e304c242c3a6cdb2de8311d_1_690x460.jpg

11 Likes

Does anyone else get the optical illusion that the text is somehow backwards in the words “science and technology policy”? I think it’s a subliminal effect from the text on the outer line going the other direction.

12 Likes

Ugh! Now that you mention it, YES. I was so fixated on the quality of the engrave that I never really “read” the seal. I’m no graphic designer, but I don’t think that mixing the outer ring that reads in all one direction and the “split” orientation of the inner line is good design (my personal opinion). I often split text on top and bottom for circular items, but usually it is a more even division. Like these: Final strech challenge - #35 by bill_laba

This seal now kind of hurts my eyes - Go figure, probably designed by a Government Committee. But the engrave is excellent!

11 Likes

Reads very natural to me, but then again, we are all just a little messed up in our own special way. :wink:

4 Likes