Exhaust fan not turning on

After a cleaning of the exhaust fan it has not stated to work again.
I was having excess smoke problems, so I went through the fan maintenance procedure with degreaser. I powered down the machine and when I restarted it I heard the fan kick on. however when I did a Cut the room started to fill with smoke. I finally figured out that it was because te fan was not functioning.

That bites :frowning: You’ll probably have to wait for a staff member to get here, but in the meantime I’d suggest checking the cable connections. It’s possible it got loose when you were cleaning and knocked out when it spun up to speed.

Here’s instructions they gave to someone else with a similar problem:

Plug is well seated. Sorry my baament is a messy area. There are 2 (120cps) inline fans to help move the air through the exhaust pipe (overkill but I wanted to make sure that the air wasn’t getting "stuck bc I had to go vertical then horizontal due to needing the pass through and not having the hose in the way)

Sad that it wasn’t just the connector :frowning: I guess that was too easy. Once a staff member gets here they can look at your machine’s logs from their end and hopefully see where the disconnect is happening.

Sadly I don’t think that fan is user-replaceable so if they do need to replace it you’ll end up shipping it back.

Yeah I suspect that’ll be the case … sigh. Had to do that before… well at least they are getting a clean machine back lol!

1 Like

Thank you so much for taking the time to work through all of these great steps, and for posting such awesome details. I’m so sorry to hear that you’re running into this snag. I’ve extracted the log files from your Glowforge , and compared them with the information you’ve posted

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.