Explain Your Forum Avatar

Now that I’m apparently a regular I figure it’s time to add an avatar. I went with the picture from my first archery elk season a couple years ago with my dad. 7 miles round trip of hiking, 2000 feet of elevation gain, and we saw a ton of beautiful mountainside but no elk.

11 Likes

Good point. Avatar picture changed to a pawpaw flower. I’ve posted the picture on this forum before and my wife thought it looked cool also.

9 Likes

Nice Pawpaw bloom :slight_smile:

That will take some getting used to. Some others changed too…just takes a while cause I look for avatars to read posts sometimes. - Rich

2 Likes

Mine is an image of Frank Zappa taken from an old poster for a Swiss club advertising his show.
The man’s irreverence appealed to me, and the image also makes a good “No Soliciting” sign!
Come knocking on my door to sell me something, and you would be surprised how closely I resemble that…

19 Likes

You do resemble that a bit…saw one of your earlier posts with a photo, I thought that your avatar was just a digital render of you! :smile:

11 Likes

Close enough!

7 Likes

A pic I took while scuba diving in the Caymans…my favorite underwater pic I’ve ever taken, actually.

29 Likes

I can see why you like it. Very beautiful…sort of other worldly. - Rich

4 Likes

Being able to live underwater for the time scuba affords us as divers is truly other worldly. I’ve been diving for almost 40 years now and it’s always amazing.

12 Likes

Thank you!!

2 Likes

Mine is Calvin and Hobbes. The day Watterson retired was the last day I bought a newspaper, well, I’ve bought a few since then, but not on any kind of regular basis. Could count how many I buy in a year on one hand. Probably will change. My son’s decided he’s interested in journalism and has had one article published in the local newspaper. Even then, I had to fight the urge to go look for Calvin. My grandmother used to swear that Bill Watterson used to live across the street from us. Wasn’t true, but I took (take) it as a compliment :smile:

24 Likes

Mine is the first incarnation of The Doctor, as played by William Hartnell.

I was but a small lad, growing up in England when the first episode of Doctor Who aired back in 1963. Watched many episodes from behind the couch, hoping the monsters wouldn’t get me. Love the old and cranky doctors – Hartnell, Eccleston, Capaldi.

I once described The Doctor as old, irascible, fascinated by technology and insatiably curious. My wife thought it sounded like me, and I know not to argue with her. :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Any Doctor is a good Doctor!

4 Likes

Any The Doctor…

8 Likes

I stand corrected :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you for that poignant vignette into why your avatar is The Doctor. - Rich

Dinner placemates made with my Silhouette…

6 Likes

@Telin I like the way you describe yourself, “Mom/Wife/Crafter/Corporate Attorney”. This in order of priority I presume? :clap: :+1: - Rich

4 Likes

@chrgeup Definitely! hahaha… had a brief hearing earlier today. Once done, came back at once to cut a pending project to do with my girls after family dinner…

6 Likes