EZ How to Calibrate!?!

Is there a simple how to calibrate instruction without having to weed through all the old and new posts? Should be a sticky.
I have not found it yet, only found problems doing calibration or problems after calibration, which concerns me a bit if I do the calibration. The reason I’m asking is because I want to make a jig and have it engrave without being a quarter inch off at the furthest point.

1 Like
11 Likes

If you’re making a jig, the calibration doesn’t matter.

7 Likes

Also in general if I’m searching for official instructions I’ll search for @ dan (without the space) along with the term (in this case camera calibration) because he most often posts the big ones.

It’d be nice if you could search for @ staff and get any post that a staff member posted, but so far that doesn’t seem to work :-/

1 Like

Thanks Jules!:+1:

You’re welcome! :grinning:

Thanks deirrebeth and jbmanning5l

1 Like

And @Keoni, if you remember to put the “@” before their handles, they’ll get notified by Discourse that you thanked them directly.

Does the camera calibration need to be done on new units? I haven’t had mine long, and I wasn’t sure if I need to do this or not. I haven’t seen any issues, but I also haven’t done anything very large so far.

I would guess it’s one of those if it aint broke, don’t fix it kind of things. If your alignment is good I wouldn’t worry about it.

1 Like

Okay, so if I have a piece of wood that I know is 3 inches wide, and it shows up as 3 1/4 at least in the GFUI (according to the rulers on the side), does that mean I should run it? Thanks!

Oops nevermind… Set focus is my friend!

3 Likes

I am so sorry for the delayed response! Thank you for the help, @jules. I am going to close this thread. If you have any trouble with the camera recalibrator please start a new thread or email us at support@glowforge.com.