First time cutting, blurry proofgrade barcode cannot identify

First time using my GF… doing the tutorial.

I inserted the proofgrade medium draftboard and my GF is not able to ID the material because the barcode is blurry. It is VERY blurry. I made sure it was flat, cleaned the cam lens… no luck.

I dont know what to do to fix this.

Support will get with you regarding the focus, but you can manually choose the material from the drop down menu.
Wonder if your camera is loose? you shouldn’t be able to rotate it.

nope it wont rotate… it is snug

Is there by chance a bright light directly overhead? Spot lighting has been known wash out parts of the field of vision… Just a SWAG.

Yes. Try running your Glowforge in a completely dark room. IMHO your screen-shoot shows unusual “glare” around the QR code sticker! :sunglasses:

Try rotating the board so the QR code is in the upper left corner and see if that works. It doesn’t have to be right side up to work.

Or simply cover that part of the glass with a piece of paper. :wink:

1 Like

hahaha stop with your sensible and clever solutions!!! :wink:

1 Like

Same here.

Just got my unit today from Amazon and the camera is blurry just like your photo and it will not read the codes.

I manually selected the material but not being able to focus the camera is disappointing.

If you start a new post here in #problems-and-support, it’ll open up your own ticket for GF to look at. They like keeping to 1 problem per ticket and the #problems-and-support area creates a ticket just as an e-mail does in their system.

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.