Flat Fab

Hey guys, check out this program. I belive it’s free and seems like a perfect laser matchup.

www.Flatfab.com

41 Likes

Omg, they have a Linux tar ball ready to go. Yippee! Will bang on it tonight.

4 Likes

Awesome find…bookmarked to play tomorrow

3 Likes

Looks like fun, perfect for the thin material we will use.
Downloaded.
Thanks!

3 Likes

Oh gods! You hit me right in the free time!

Damn you! DAMN YOU!!!

(This looks freaking amazing)

5 Likes

That spikey pen holder looks cool…i bet it would look good in florescent green plexi. (Would match my insect and alien lego sets…lol)

2 Likes

Haha!!! Success!!

(Ya I think I’m going to have fun with this one.)

2 Likes

Hmm. No luck getting it going on Ubuntu. Can’t find much help about this. Arg.

What version are you running? I’m on 15.10. I extracted it through the regular file manager using the default archive manager (file roller, I think.)

Whooooa, this looks amazing!!! Can’t wait to download and start playing around. Thanks for sharing @soldiercoleman!

3 Likes

Well there goes my afternoon.
I love the simulation mode, that is going to save a ton of trail and error.

3 Likes

I don’t have a laser yet so I’d love to see what those of you who do think of the program and how well it translates to cut.

2 Likes

This looks incredible. What has gotten me even more excited is this one photo:

It looks like oculus with a leap controller and an orion based interface. I dont see it mentioned on their page anywhere but im hoping to find something with info on this somewhere. I cant wait to start modeling in 3d

3 Likes

14.04. Are you up and running? No go still for me. Thought it might be simply change mode to executable. No dice.

I installed FlatFab on my laptop and played with it for a bit. I didn’t manage to find a way to make your designs in 100% parametric form, which is a detractor for me. But still, awesome enough I will go ahead and flub my way through a few attempts at a design next week (this week is booked sadly)

1 Like

I just installed it… gonna take some time to get the feel for it… lol crazy. I’m so used to designing in 2D on Corel Draw

1 Like

Oh hells to the mother friggen yeah!!

1 Like

I’ve been looking for something like this. Thanks so much.
I especially like the look of that thickness calibration cutout.

1 Like

I wonder if you can paste into it from Illustrator. Have to give it a go tomorrow.

1 Like

What @nunziocsaid! lol