Flickering LED Lights - Problem?

So, my machine works just fine. No issues with cutting or engraving. However, the LED overhead lights are super bright now; way brighter than normal and they flicker…a lot! Is this something I should be worried about? Has anyone else had this issue before?

2 Likes

The LEDs change brightness when you lift the lid.

But this is happening while the machine is in operation. Not when I lift the lid.

Wonder if you have a weak connection somewhere. I don’t know exactly the various connection points for the lid lights and sensors though. Are your prints completing? Is the lid closing all the way?

The prints look fine. On some rare occasions the cut doesn’t go all the way through, both on proofgrade draftboard and non-proofgrade draftboard.

Check the ribbon cable connection where the lid is hinged. Mine was loose and had to be reseated.

1 Like

Sorry for the slow reply and thanks for letting me know.

Would you try the following:

1. Turn off your Glowforge
  2. Unplug the power cord from the outlet and the Glowforge
  3. Inspect both ends of the cord, as well as your Glowforge and outlet for any damage
  4. Plug both ends of the cord back in
  5. Turn your unit back on
  6. Let me know if the flickering continues - if it does, could you post or send support@glowforge.com a short video?

I’ve completed a little more investigation and recommend we replace your unit. I’ll follow up by email.

1 Like