Focusing issues after guidance

In the past 2 weeks I have had the same nerve wracking issue of focusing. Up until 2 weeks ago my machine was running fine. Job after job. Then it came to end when if I am able to print 1 job, I am unable to print again for several hors because of focusing. I have reset routers, cleaned the machine, reset and reconnected to the wi-fi. cleared the cache. What am I missing? I never expected to not be able to use a machine that I have only had for 3 months.

Have you contacted Glowforge Support yet? The steps you have taken are about all the community can offer.

3 Likes

I haven’t yet. I went and purchased a wifi extender to see if that will fix the problem. fingers crossed

The extender didn’t work. :cry: I have relocated my machine to the same room that my computer, router and wifi is in and hopefully that resolves the issue. I have also submitted a helpdesk ticket.

Besides cleaning the camera, there are two small clear windows on the bottom of the head on each side of the lens, make sure they are clean too.

3 Likes

Here is an old post with some troubleshooting ideas.

2 Likes

Thank you. I have cleaned them, so let me see how this goes.

1 Like

I have followed those instructions.

That didn’t fix the problem.

1 Like

Reset modem, router, wi-fi, and shut down computer and GF for 30-45 minutes. Powered everything on. What do you know? It calibrated and worked. When finished, it went OFFLINE. Reset-up the wi-fi. Now it is back to square one with FOCUSING!!! I will let it focus for the remainder of the evening.

I would begin to suspect a newly introduced source of WiFi interference. Just an idea.

2 Likes

I was running 2 routers. Disconnected my secondary router, connected the GF Pro to the new wifi address and it worked! :grinning: It finished cutting now it is back to FOCUSING!

1 Like

Great!

Although stuck on focusing was the original problem.

1 Like

Correct and is still stuck on focusing from this morning. :cry::cry::rage::rage:

1 Like

I misunderstood… :roll_eyes:

I haven’t read all the advice you followed, but just wondered if you tried switching your router to a different WiFi channel, in case one of your neighbors has introduced a new router using the same channel you are using. I’ve heard changing the channel can help in those cases.

1 Like

Hello All. After working with tech support, they deemed I have a bad printer head. Currently, they are out of stock. Now, I have to find someone to make a wedding cake topper before the 18th.

Where are you located (city/state)?

1 Like

Clinton, SC