For All The Grief, Support Deserves Praise

I’ve been pretty vocal to multiple people about how I think Glowforge customer service is really top notch. I also think that the machine is very capable. I think they lack in reliability/dependability, but I hope they are moving toward a more dependable and less finicky machine.

That being said, I recently had to do a support chat because my Glowforge was stuck “centering” after doing the calibration. They did some troubleshooting and determined it was the lid cable that needed replacing. They got the order right out to me this week, and I replaced it last night.

It didn’t take very long, and the instructions were very clear.

I just wanted to take a moment to say, thank you to the support team! They put up with a lot of griping and seem to handle it with aplomb. I appreciate your fast dealing with sending the cable out to me. I was actually able to finish a job that someone needed to pick up this morning…and when it went down Sunday, I didn’t think that was going to happen. You guys rock!

31 Likes

I’ve the opposite experience. I have reached out to customer service twice this week and had no response. As far as I can tell, they don’t exist.

Was it through email? How long ago did you reach out to them?

If it was via email I’ll assume you checked your spam folders etc. There have been folks who had emails not get through or whatever so if you haven’t started a help-ticket in the forum, it might be worth doing since you’ll know for sure it got through. You normally don;t want to do both email and here as it bogs things down, but it might be worth a try.

1 Like

I would probably try a chat when logged in to app.glowforge.com and then click “support” at the top. They have a webchat option, and I got pretty quick help. There have been some other times that I’ve not had quick response time via email.

1 Like

Yeah, there’s too much room for error with email for my liking. Chat or ticket would be my choice.

1 Like

Last Friday and this Wednesday. There is nothing in my spam folder. I looked under support several times and didn’t see anything for chatting. I only saw the e-mail option. I guess I’ll have to figure out the help ticket in the forum. Thanks.

Sorry for all the trouble you’re having. You might try the chat option Bruce mentioned above as it might be the fastest way to get help. (I’ve never personally used it though.) If you want to open a help ticket here, all you need to do is go to the “problem and support” area https://community.glowforge.com/c/problems-and-support and start a new topic. (Only one issue per topic though. ) Give as much detail as you can and what steps you tried to fix it. Everyone else will be able to see your question and we may be able to help with things as well. Not saying that support doesn’t falter at times, but I can promise you the GF team will do their best for you. It’s no excuse, but they have been inundated with things since they rolled out a few new features though and I think it’s slowed thing down a bit. Oh yeah, don’t forget to try the search feature as well in case someone else had the same issue.

2 Likes

I’ve had to work with support multiple times since receiving my first machine. They can sometimes be slow to respond; which, is not surprising given the size of the company and support team, and the number of machines sold. But, when they do respond, they are super helpful, very professional–even in the face of seriously frustrated customers–and are generally quick to resolve the issue in front of them.

There’s always room for improvement, and while I might have to contain my own frustrations at times, I also think the support team deserves praise.

6 Likes

I’ve also had good experiences, although not as fast as I’d like. Hoping they’ll get the three day window down a bit, but ultimately I’ve been happy with them.

2 Likes

How do I start a chat with them? I’ve never seen that option on the support page.

The support chat feature is the bees knees! I had no idea that could happen now so THANK YOU for this post! I’m getting a new lid cord too! I hope it solves my problem. Support was delightful per usual. My gripe has always been waiting for them to get back to me via email. The chat is so quick!

3 Likes

Glad I could help. Mine has been doing well since replacing my lid cable.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.