Forum Lock-Out?! WT Literal F, GF?

I learned a lot from you about fearlessness :slightly_smiling_face: I see how willing you were to just give it a go and folks like @johnbrooker at 80 pulling up his roots, getting married, moving across the world, getting a laser and making things and hope that when I finally retire I am still able - and willing - to take on new challenges outside my comfort zone.

So many people seem to pull back from new experiences and taking risk as they get older that being surrounded by folks who embrace it is like recapturing the wonderment of being a kid and thinking all things are possible…except now I can afford to make some of the more challenging ones a little more possible :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

I am not quite that old. My mother used to tell the guys at the university computing center that their AC was failing – again --because her statistical runs were coming out wrong. (They would tell her she was wrong, and then later in the day a sign would be posted saying the machines were down until the AC was fixed.)

5 Likes

I mean… except the manual, which is pretty explicit about operating conditions.

" Print when the ambient temperature is within the following ranges. Printing outside these ranges may cause your print to pause periodically or fail to complete.

• ● Basic and Plus: Between 60 degrees Fahrenheit (16 Celsius) and 75 degrees Fahrenheit (24 Celsius)

• ● Pro: Between 60 degrees Fahrenheit (16 Celsius) and 81 degrees Fahrenheit (27 Celsius)"

The section above that one discusses humidity and temperature extremes, too.

7 Likes

…and the Glowforge website:
" * Recommended Operating Temperature: 60F-75F (16C-24C) Basic and Plus; 60F-81F (16C-27C) Pro"

…and the Glowforge FAQ page:
“…temperatures up to 81°F (27°C), compared to 75°F (24°C) for the Basic.”

4 Likes

The manual (which isn’t available to new purchasers until after they’ve got one) is more specific that it’s not just a recommended temperature range but that “Printing outside these ranges may cause your print to pause periodically or fail to complete.

2 Likes