We have a fountain on our deck that I love. Inside, is a ‘splash screen’…to diffuse water coming out of the crow’s beaks. It also hides the pump and hoses a little bit, too. The screen had rusted a lot…and one of the legs rusted right off.
Around the same time as Jim Hatch was teaching me about creating files for the Glowforge…nearly a year ago, this was going to be my next challenge…to replace the screen with an acrylic one. Today was the day. It was my first time designing something that had to have notched things to attach. It’s far from perfect, but I learned a lot and now I have a replacement screen! I ended up having to use a bit of glue for the legs, but now I think I can design more carefully next time.
Thank you again, Jim…for getting me started. Form AND function!