GF plus stuck in centering/focus loop

Gf worked fine last night. Turned it on this afternoon and the loop begins and switches to offline then repeat. It does scan the material and allow me to position my object. Anyone know what the cause may be?

If it’s going to offline, it’s losing the WiFi connection. That’s why you’re in a loop - every time it loses WiFi, it’s going to start a new calibration sequence (unless it’s in the middle of actively running a job).

1 Like

WiFi isn’t the issue. Is there a way to reset the onboard WiFi in the gf?

Ok…

Reset to what? If you want to reconfigure the connection, press and hold the button for about ten seconds until it turns teal and go back through the WiFi setup process.

If you want to browse the logs, do that (teal button), connect to the Glowforge WiFi, browse to http://192.168.192.1:3000/logs/glowforge/zip and you can examine them.

If it’s updating the status between offline, online, scanning, focusing, etc. it’s having a problem getting data back to the Glowforge servers… whether that’s WiFi signal, or something else on the network blocking it, or something further upstream.

3 Likes

Most of the time you can clear that condition by just rebooting your router, your computer and the machine. (Turn them off for a few seconds, then back on.)

2 Likes

If it’s not OFFLINE, but stuck on focusing (recently went thru this, periodically have Offline issues–changing wifi channel often helps with that one–but sometimes is just the signal can bounce >21 times before it gets from your house to GF and anything can screw up along that route),

But there are lots of threads for “stuck on focusing” and all the trouble shooting steps to go through, so do search for those for all of the trouble shooing tips.

Turns out my issue causing stuck on focusing was due to a magnet that I missed that got stuck on the mounting just behind the laser head (silver magnet on silver part = very hard to see).

2 Likes

Personally I feel this response to someone’s very first post in the forum is not helpful, not intended to be helpful and is inappropriately negative.

4 Likes

Hey, he’s spent a whole half hour on the forum since joining in Jan. What do you expect :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Wow!..yes, I totally agree

Thank you @jules! Shutting down your network devices then rebooting them should be the first step for the Glowforge if it is offline.

@bradgulan It looks like your Glowforge is connected and you’ve been able to print since contacting us. That’s great!

Could you please let me know if you’re still experiencing any problems?

1 Like

That was my solution thanks!

1 Like

@bradgulgan That’s really good to hear! Since you’re up and printing now I’m going to close this thread. If you have any other questions you can start another thread or email us at support@glowforge.com!

1 Like