GF stuck in Centering/Scanning mode still

As originally posted in the link below, our GF exhibits the same problems with being stuck in Centering or Scanning mode forever and failing to boot up.

We have performed all the suggested possible fixes including ordering and replacing the black cable. Clearly something caused the cable to fail in the first place - see pics.

Need help still.

It’s important to note that this is a warranty replacement GF that exhibits a power “hiccup” during startup where the machine just goes dark for a couple seconds and then boots up fine. Can’t help but wonder if the two problems are connected.

Like many of the good folks who bought a GF our micro-business relies heavily on the machine. We need this machine to work :slightly_smiling_face:

GF forever scanning/Not booting up - #9

Each new topic you open here in Problems & Support creates a new support ticket, so stick to just one, since duplicates just slow things down (for you AND everyone else needing help).

To be clear - I posted an update and after no action was taken I posted a new thread, as the old one appeared a dead end.

I really do not appreciate your tone. I’ve been positive and respectful in my communications with you about this problem. I expect the same in return.

They’ll lock threads when done/dead.

Since words in written form have no tone unless read into or explicitly described, how would you have worded this to be unmistakably neutral/positive?

They’ll probably respond on your other thread, so if you don’t have these pictures and information listed on that one, you might want to copy it over there too, to make sure you have all your bases covered.

(In general, the less time they have to spend tracking things down the sooner you get an answer. So it’s always a good idea to stick to one method of communication, either email or forum post. It just saves you time in the long run.)

The only advantage to forum posts over emails is when a problem is general enough that other customers might be able to suggest something you can try to fix it. (This one isn’t one we can help with though.)

In your case, if they are trying to locate a replacement cable for you, they will contact you when they have it ready and need your address information. That has to happen off the boards to protect your privacy. So they will close this post and the original and contact you via email. That can be from a few hours to a few days depending on how the supply is looking at the repair facility, so prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

It probably won’t be that long, but there’s no way of knowing in advance.

Posting on the forum is not any faster than dealing with them directly by email, and frequently a lot slower…they only check once or twice a day on the forum. So if there’s a next time, just expect some delays. They always get the problem resolved as fast as they can. But it’s never as fast as customers want it to be. :smile:

(Oh, and an occasional power hiccup on startup is normal. I believe they said something about the pump cycling at one point, but I might not be remembering correctly. Mine does it sometimes though.)

I don’t think we’ve ever interacted before this. Are you mistaking me for staff, maybe? Their messages will be in yellow, and it will say “staff” next to their names. I was just trying to let you know how not to delay them getting to your issue.

Thank you for the useful information, Jules. I really appreciate it :smiley:

Thank you for the update and detailed photos. In order to avoid any confusion, we try to keep issues to a single support ticket per topic. I’ll go ahead and close this thread, and I’ve posted a reply with next steps on your original thread.

1 Like