Gift Card Holder - Glued Version

Here is the Glue-up version of the holder. I hope you like the design. This one is made from PG Medium Basswood. It will be painted but I haven’t had the time.

CardHolder.pdf (525.8 KB)

Below are the instructions on how to glue it together. Be careful not glue the slider to the slide guards. I have given a guide where to glue them so that should help.

Please let me know if there are any questions or problems!
Not for Commerical Use.

37 Likes

What’s funny is I usually hate giving gift cards, but I happen to have one this year - and this makes my heart happy!

Thank you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

LOL. The best part is you can tie this to a birthday present or wedding present not just for the Holidays! I try to think ahead.

4 Likes

Thank you so much! Now I have to decide which one to use. Which is your favorite?

1 Like

I actually like the glued version better. I know that is weird considering I design so many things without glue. But this really does look good and works great!

2 Likes

Thank You for that beautiful piece of design work!

1 Like

I made one of the snap together ones this morning. All your stuff is so great. I think half my Christmas gifts are thanks to you! So thank you!

1 Like

LOL. Glad I could help!

1 Like

Thank you! I really enjoy the design process. And thinking of new (sometimes better) ways to make things.

1 Like

I understand! The product is cool, but modeling an idea is really satisfying. Another means of creative expression.

1 Like

When I’ve purchased my :glowforge: I designed something similar like a sliding gift card thing but my macbook pro died and I lost it since then, I always use an external hard drive as a simultaneously backup ! :slight_smile: This just gives me the motivation and inspiration to redo it! :slight_smile:
Thanks for sharing anyway!

1 Like

These are amazing! Thanks so much for sharing.

1 Like

Thank you!

Oh - I like this version even better!!! Nevermind about the glue - sometimes fewer pieces are better. :rofl:

1 Like

I am glad you like it. Gluing it is a pain, but I do like the simplicity. LOL

1 Like

I do like things simple - less wood, etc. Now I have to think who we can give a giftcard to - everyone else is getting stuff I made - including a couple of your square bowls/cake stands!

1 Like

Awesome! I hope they like the gifts!!! These are not specifically Holiday oriented. You can give them for birthdays, weddings or whatever occasion you like!

1 Like

Thank you!!! I suspect everyone will be very happy. I’d been storing stuff made in a big box (I started late August) and just this morning was prompted to sort everything out. Husband is going to the dump tomorrow and I need to see what size boxes I need for shipping - this time before he throws everything out.

1 Like

Quick question: the red bow comes across as a bitmap that can only be engraved. The way the original picture looks is that it was run as a score, but a bitmap can’t be scored. Was the red bow intended as an engrave? I tried changing it to a vector by tracing in Inkscape, but haven’t had any luck yet.

1 Like

It is not a score it is an engrave. I really didn’t think about the score until after I laid it out. They really are just there as a guide for paint. Never intended them being decorative. Here is the bow by itself as vector I would run a test to see how it scores before you lay it on the box.

Bow.pdf (354.3 KB)