Glass Lid Detached at Hinge

So we FINALLY got our Glowforge only to discover we have the “hinge detachment” issue. I can’t believe that after spending all this money and waiting all this time, the glass lid is basically attached with glue. I seriously recommend clamping that bad boy down in some form or fashion, but I digress. I’ve sent an email to support so we’ll see how long it takes to get a response.

I was really looking forward to making some fun & crazy projects too!

1 Like

Bummer… from what I’ve seen support has been quite responsive to these issues.

Are you International, it may clog up the process. Anyway when you finally get it resolved you’ll be happy to :glowforge:

Good Luck!

2 Likes

Nah. Ohio. I’m hoping for a quick turn around. I have things to make for 911 Dispatcher Week April 8-14.

happened to me. must be replaced. chances are they will send a new one immediately, before they receive this one back, so you might be 2 weeks away.
sorry, I know it’s a bummer.

2 Likes

Well that is very encouraging news. I would discover this defect on the day before a weekend. The waiting (again) is what’s killing me.

Thanks,

Grace

1 Like

Oh no! We’ll need to replacement your unit. I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.

1 Like