Glowfamily!

Answer: So long as you pay the bills, not a problem.

That’s so cool! I can’t wait to see what you do together!

4 Likes

Wonderful–I’m so excited that I’ll be sharing my Forge with my maker husband. There’s nothing like collaboration to make good stuff.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s my sister as well. And, frankly, she’s got the most artistic talent of me and my siblings, so I’m cool with that. :wink:

4 Likes

I tried to share–(“Just send the file and call me–I just have to put in the material and push the glowy button!”) but she wanted her own. Can’t say I blame her. :blush: It will be nice to have someone to learn with, that’s for sure!

9 Likes

If you didn’t make it so easy to use I wouldn’t have been this brave! Excited to start making cool stuff!!

9 Likes

What sort of projects are you excited about?

3 Likes

There are so many things! Planning thank you’s for my Global Culture Team, Christmas gifts for my pool of Master Trainers, and of course fun stuff for the nieces and nephew =) Really want to make one of the awesome cutting boards I saw at Maker Faire.

8 Likes

Welcome @Snowjax to the forum. So many wonderful people and amazing projects to encounter!

3 Likes

That’s great! Cutting boards are one of the most amazing projects - simple to design, really wonderful results.

Remind me to tell the story of the cutting board I made for my mom sometime, if I haven’t already.

3 Likes

Ooo! Oooo! I know how it ends!
“No, Mom, you don’t understand… I have a laser.”

8 Likes

Please tell us the story of the cutting board you made for your mom! :smiley:

6 Likes

And today, Timehop reminded me of another :glowforge: project for myself. Mirror. Etch the back paint to really stand out. I really need to see this every day when i dare to look in the mirror (scary looks, so I’m not always up to it).

“I will hold myself to a standard of awesome, not perfection.”

3 Likes

Nice. I had the same thought at one point and forgot about it myself!

1 Like

Was supposed to be 'etch the back AND paint to really stand out.'The thought is etching the reflective surface off, then painting a contrasting color.

Ah… I had an entirely different idea then… Of etching away the backing of a mirror and then putting a bright color behind. No clue if it’d work as I think it would. :slight_smile:

1 Like

probably. Same concept, if the color is placed close enough to it.

1 Like

I think today is a great day to hear the story of the cutting boarding!

4 Likes

Thanks! So nice meeting you! Excited to learn from the pros!

3 Likes