Glowforge app taking 15-30 min to render files

I am livestreaming right now an the Glowforge is taking more than 15 min to render files on the app.glowforge.com site. Any idea of what is going on and when its going to be fixed?Halloween Skullv2.pdf (182.4 KB)

1 Like

I don’t work with engraves that large so can’t say whether it’s a problem or not. It’s larger than 11" x 7-3/4". Might just exceed the buffer limit. Uploaded another file that took about 3 seconds.

I just want to engrave the lines, not solid area’s. I am going to give this a try on the lowest power and see how it works.

Engrave only applies to fills. If you want to engrave lines you have to do a Path…Outline Stroke in Illustrator (or the equivalent in Inkscape).

2 Likes

I was able to get it to load in about a minute by using Add Artwork over an existing project. If I tried to load it directly it wouldn’t load after about 5 minutes. Gave up.

1 Like

Its taking about 5-10 min now to render.

I wonder if that could be related to the fact that files which are uploaded are stored forever in the GFUI on your designs page; whereas, files which are added as artwork don’t get stored in the cloud. Maybe that explains the lag time. Good to know.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know. I’m so sorry for the inconvenience.

It looks like the file is a little complex, but we have a trick you can use to help it render much faster:

1. Open your design in your design software
  2. Draw a box around the design. Give it a stroke that is a different color than the rest of the design.
  3. Upload the design to the Glowforge app and open it. The design will open, but everything inside the box will be grouped.
  4. Set the box to be ignored in the steps bar and configure the settings of your design as you wish.

Happy printing!

10 Likes