Glowforge Double Sided Engraving Procedure

Double Sided Engraving Procedure.pdf (940.5 KB)

Scoring Front and Back
Gloomhaven token

Okay… so I did this with something SUPER simple. I did some business cards as a gift for my employees. The problem was, when I went to flip them, the lines hadn’t cut exactly straight or something and they didn’t fit back in the rectangles they came out of. I’ve tried a number of times and this keeps happening.

What could be wrong?

that means your rectangles weren’t made with 90 degree angles. any chance you skewed the artwork before cutting?

Your unit might also be out of square. There’s a simple procedure to adjust it listed here:

https://glowforge.com/support/topic/troubleshooting/perfect-squares

Thanks for the write-up. One question…what is a rack hook?

I’ve got a toaster oven that has these racks in it, but they don’t have locks on them, so when you pull the rack out to remove your toast, you’re just as likely to dump hot toast all over yourself as anything else…this helps you to pull it out just enough, and stops the rack from coming all the way out and landing on your counter. (Yup. Happened before the hooks. Multiple times.)

They’re still in use by the way, I just keep the two smallest ones right next to the toaster. :grinning:

Ahhh… I see! Maybe I should make some for my baker wife.

Yeah! Good plan! (Should net you significant smooches for being so thoughtful too! Bonus!) :wink: