Glowforge Map

My brother lives outside of Albuquerque…out in the desert past Sandia Park. He’s an artist who used to teach at UNM.

I’m near Aztec, NM. That’s my pin. Beautiful out here, especially near the rivers.

Well, when the EPA doesn’t turn them orange.

@Xabbess

1 Like

Wow…you are way out/up there. I love New Mexico

What a small world! My wife works at a STEM school near the road that goes to the Peak (Tram/Ski area). We live about 10min from Sandia Park…

That spill was a real shame. My folks were up in Durango a few months back and noticed the orange staining was still present.

I have flown into the Aztec airport several times. Nice area up there. We really like camping and one of these days we want to make it up to Navajo Lake. Up until recently we had relitives in Cortez, so we would drive past your area frequently.

1 Like

Awesome. Navajo Lake is fun and it’s nice having good camping so close.

Not familiar with the road that goes to the peak, but indeed…very small world. My brother lives off of Puertocito Road…don’t know where you are in relation to that. He just picks up his mail in Sandia Park (I think).

1 Like

Feel like I’m late to the game even though these things are months away from shipping! Added myself to Lakewood, WA. I see a couple of pins nearby. Any of you posting to the forums? The idea of a local group sounds appealing. I suppose I could drive the 45 minutes to the Seattle area. Guaranteed to be something up there.

I just purchased and I’m extremely excited about all this! -----------:boom: (closest thing I could find to a laser in the emoji)

Welcome @scatterbrains. The party has just begun!

1 Like

Welcome, nice emoji-art!
I think you will find there are quite a few folks in this area who have purchased and are active on the forums (and more who are not).

Last I checked there were more than 2500 registered forum users! Welcome @scatterbrains, you’re among good people.

1 Like

Thanks, @dan, @jkopel, and @marmak3261! I appreciate the welcome!

1 Like

Welcome to the club!:thumbsup:

welcome to the party @scatterbrains!! For a second I got really excited when I saw Lakewood, thinking you meant Lakewood, OH haha. But alas, I’ve still not found anyone near me!

I must be stupid today- how do you add to the map?

Go to the top post and click on the link to the map. Look toward the top of the browser and there should be floating toolbar above a world map. Zoom to where you live. Hover over the tools and a tooltip will appear telling you which tool it is. The inverted raindrop is called a marker. Click on it and and the cursor will turn into a plus sign. Click on where you want. Right click and edit it to give some more details like your username. I’d do screen shots but somehow Firefox is not playing well right now with the Google Map. Awfully slow on Ubuntu. Hope it helps.

Thanks! Worked fine on my desktop version on Chrome but was tango uniform on mobile device!
Looks like Jason B is my closest Glowforger to be!

BTW, DRKSTR318 marker - If Navarre FL is where you’re located, you are only 5 miles west of me… unless you are really on an oil platform or ship? :grin: I see some collaboration and get togethers for the Okaloosa County 3 already! :slight_smile:

@loopingtales, Thinking of all the folks in Belgium. I know we have a few Glowforgers from the map in addition to you.

2 Likes

Very sad what happend. I am happy that there are places where people working on positive things.

2 Likes