Glowforge Map

First owner in Taiwan

3 Likes

Are there more users in Trondheim? It would be very exciting to establish contact between the few units that find their way out here. They might get lonely…

You’re about 20 minutes away (Needham) and often out by you for shopping obviously.

Needham here. There have to be more metro Boston folks given that we live in geek central!

1 Like

Our studio is in Saxonville (aka: north Framingham) - whoever gets their machine first coast a tour, deal?

Yeah. What do you do? I’m a doctor at BIDMC but do a lot of making (xcarve, big box 3D, etc) both for fun and medical device design.

I’m a designer/entrepreneur/maker-before-there-was-a-word-for-it. We have our own local manufacturing ‘brand’ with a studio in Saxonville. We do most of our 3D prototyping with our manufacturers (for practical reasons), but are building up our our in-house capabilities. Swing by some time if you’re out this way!

Same here! Indiana delegate to NYSC in 1979.

I added myself to Knoxville, Tennessee, USA.

I was at NYSC in 1993 - with Marissa Mayer! We’ve crossed paths a few time since then, it’s a small world.

I would not be surprised if more NYSC alumni were among those purchasing your wonderful product, as it was one of their posts that convinced me I had to get one.

@dan: Pin this thread please :slight_smile: I just came looking for it since I started checking out a job across the country and was curious if that would land me near a forge. Realized that it wasn’t already pinned for the first time.

3 Likes

Pinned!

2 Likes

Actually surprised there are not more GF owners near me. Thought Seattle area would be completely saturated with owners. Pleasantly surprised to say the least.

Might still be. I see 528 points on the map and we know there are 10,000 orders or more. Just a lot of people who don’t read the forum or maybe believe the “System” is out to get them and won’t give out their location. Ya know, the folks that go around wearing tin foil helmets.

1 Like

Judging from the number of extra layers, driving directions, and base map/text changes that have had to be fixed up over the life of this map, there may also be a problem with people figuring out how to add themselves.

The 4 Corners sure does feel lonely.

1 Like

I know where the 4 corners is, but where exactly are you?

Is that you near Farmington? I am in the mountains outside of Albuquerque. I placed my pin in Abq. to keep something of a safety buffer :slight_smile:. Four corners is about 4hrs drive, which in the Southwest is like being neighbors…

1 Like